Tags:
  1. T.N.Korgan

T.N.Korgan New Member

Welcome into my mind...

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by T.N.Korgan, Jun 16, 2011.

...as crazy as it is. Hi there. My penname is Trey Nadia Korgan. Alot of the time I just shorten it to T.N.K. I reside in good ole Texas.
    I consider myself a newbie to writing because I've only taken it seriously the last few years. Before I mostly did fan fiction and poetry. Though those are still a part of my writing, I am now fully committed to becomeing a published writer. I still have a ways to go.

A friend of mine had talked me into joining her for the annual nanowrimo event three years ago. I was intrested but not taken enough to get it going that first year. The next year I managed to write some. Even though I did not reach the goal, it helped me realize my passion. When I would write, I'd become a viewer, so lost in my world and watching as the characters told me their stories. The next year, this past November, I managed to finish my first manuscript. It still needs alot of editing but I am thrilled to have made it so far.

I'd say the genres I tend to lean to are fantasy, paranormal, romance, and scifi. I am a bit of a nerd. I actually have stories planned in each of these genres, some of those even multigenre. Next month I plan on working on a supernatural one.

My weaknesses in writing is just about everything. I was never a good speller in school, though it has improved drastically since I've started writing. Puncuation would proabably be at the top of that list as well. And I do pride myself a little in my southern accent. Though not as thick as most, I love to use ya'll, gonna, and dunno so I have to catch myself there. I do have a small bit of dyslexia but it is fairly managable, popping up mostly when I'm just quickly jotting notes. I think I adapted to it because I loved reading growing up, despite struggling and being slow at reading.

I look forward to posting and learning as much as I can.
    T.N.K

2. Eunoia

Eunoia Contributor Contributor

Welcome. :)

3. Sang Hee

Sang Hee New Member

Hi,
    I'd like to read some sci-fi romance. Those things always get me. Got any?

4. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

Welcome.

5. Mallory

Mallory Contributor Contributor

Welcome - you have an awesome pen name.

6. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Hello T.N., Welcome to the Creative Writing Forums.

Please read How to Use the Writing Workshop before you try to post there. Posting your own writing for people to comment on should not be among the very first things you do here anyway. It is worth taking the time to see what other people have done to improve their writing, and see if some of it applies to your writing as well. That is part of why we require members to review other members' work before posting their own for review. On the other hand, there are no restrictions, other than content and copyright rules, on showcasing your work in your member blog.

Also, be aware that posting a piece of writing on any public site, including this one, will greatly diminish your chances of selling it for publication. Removing the writing later does not alter that fact - once posted, it is irreversibly considered published. So do not post anything more than a small excerpt of any piece you are planning to submit for publication.

If you haven't explored the site yet, you should probably do so soon. Newcomers often gravitate to the Lounge, the Word Games, or the Writing Workshop, but there is much more to be discovered if you poke in the corners. Remember to check out our FAQ as well, and be sure to read through the forum rules, too, to avoid any misunderstandings or hurt feelings. Respect for one another is our principal mandate.

As for the Writing Workshop, new joiners often wonder why we do things a bit differently on this site than on other writing sites. We emphasize constructive critique as a vital writing skill. Training your eye by reviewing other people's work helps you improve your own writing even before you present it for others to see. Therefore, we ask members to review other people's writing before posting work of their own. We also impose a two-week waiting period before you may post writing for critique, to give you time to become familiar with what is expected and how the site operates. The Writing Workshop forums on this site, therefore, are true workshops, not just a bulletin board for displaying your work (and on that note, please only post each item for review in one Writing Workshop forum). Also, please use the same thread for all revisions and additional excerpts from the same piece of writing. See this post, Why Write Reviews Before Posting My Work? for more information.

And while you're looking around, don't forget to check out the RPG forum for improvisational fiction. Also try our Weekly Short Story Contest and Weekly Poetry Contest. They actually run more than one week apiece, but any member may enter, and all members are urged to vote for their favorites.

Enjoy your stay here, and have fun!

7. T.N.Korgan

T.N.Korgan New Member

Thank you. I put a bit of thought into it. I wanted something that would stick out. It's a combination of real, random, and in remembrance of names. :)

Scifi is actually one of my genres I haven't got to spend alot of time on yet, so I hadn't even thought of a scifi romance. The one story idea I have for scifi has no inkling of romance. Least not yet. But I really want to try my hand at one. I'll keep you posted when I come up with one. :)

Thank you everyone else for welcoming me.
    T.N.K.

8. Daydream

Daydream Contributor Contributor

Welcome!