1. Acid001

Acid001 New Member

Research assistance - children in Australian law

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Acid001, Nov 24, 2011.

Hi guys. I'm planning a story which is foregrounded over the incident of a child killer who is himself a child, and one of my characters is a law student researching the case. I'm having a bit of difficulty finding literature on the subject of child criminals. I was wondering if any of you learned folk might be able to refer me to some of the information I need. I'm aware of the doli incapax presumption, but I need to read some some actual case evidence and so forth.

If Australian cases are sparse, English and other Commonwealth cases would be helpful too.

Thanks in advance! ^.^

2. Acid001

Acid001 New Member

I'm also requesting that a mod move this thread to the Research section, which I didn't see before. Sorry.

3. Jetshroom

Jetshroom Active Member

There should be plenty in larger Australian Libraries. You may need to leave Tasmania for Victoria.
    I know my school library has plenty of books on law, and victorian criminals and crimes.
    Depending on how detailed you want to be though, you may need to interview lawyers and stuff.