1. lumineux

lumineux New Member

New in many ways

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by lumineux, Feb 12, 2019.

Hello everyone.

For most of my adult life, I haven't spent much time reading fiction. I have collected shelves full of technical books related to computing and information technology, books for various hobbies and interests, but no fiction to speak of.

About five years ago all that changed and I've been reading fiction continuously since then. It opened up a new world or at least one that I had lost to my youth. I regret not having done it earlier. One thing led to another and I'm now writing. Being a geek, I'm using Scrivener and loving it.

I have no illusions of grandeur, for me it's just a hobby. I do want to finish a book that is hopefully interesting, thought-provoking, and enjoyable. I've been writing various ideas for about a year, but nothing completed and a bit of jumping from one idea to another. My goal is to stick with one thing and go with it, good or bad.

So I'll probably do a lot of reading of posts here, maybe jump in if I can offer anything. I'm sure I'll have questions.

2. Moon

Moon Contributor Contributor

Hey, welcome to the forums, Lumineux. Enjoy your time here.

3. Zombie Among Us

Zombie Among Us Active Member

Hey lumineux! Not gonna lie, I had to look up what Scrivener is. It looks interesting! Always good to see that someone’s found something that works for them.

Enjoy the forums!