Tags:
  1. Daphne Thissen

Daphne Thissen New Member

Taking The Plunge

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Daphne Thissen, Feb 14, 2019.

Hello everyone!

I'm ecstatic to be here, albeit a little nervous too. I'm a 24-year-old Dutchie and I've been writing irregularly for at least 8 years. My beginnings are in the wonderful world of fanfiction - which I still dabble in sometimes. But I've been serious about writing for some 4 years now.

I've been having trouble though. Which is why I've been thinking of joining a forum and now finally I've decided to pull a Nike and just do it. So here I am. I'm not sure how active I can be, but I'm hoping to find a place here amongst fellow writers to learn and overcome the obstacles I'm facing.

Which mostly include never finishing anything (1), primarly due to my constantly shifting focus (2) and trying to find my voice (3) as I learn how to create characters and worlds that are believable (4). Oh, and to stop doubting myself with every word I put on the page (I've got 99 problems and that is 95 of 'em.)

So that's me. I'm ready for this ride.

2. Harmonices

Harmonices Senior Member

Welcome @Daphne Thissen - I hope you enjoy the forum, I'm finding it really motivating and valuable. Cheers :)