1. Catrin Lewis

Catrin Lewis Contributor Contributor Community Volunteer Contest Winner 2023

New IngramSpark Global Print and Ebook Agreement

Discussion in 'Self-Publishing' started by Catrin Lewis, Apr 21, 2021.

I've had my one indie-published novel available through IngramSpark since the summer of 2019. Hadn't done much with it; I've been dealing with other things.

Now a couple of things have come up.

First, I'm not happy with the print quality from KDP/Amazon, and I thought I'd order an author copy from IS to see if they can do better.

Second, we're coming up to the annual Pennwriters conference, and since it's virtual, all member book sales will be handled online through our local independent bookstore, Mystery Lovers Bookshop. I figure they'll make some kind of list (I'll be calling them to find out) and I'll be fine for it, given that my book is available to stores via IngramSpark.

Last night I logged on to order the author copy. A notice popped up telling me I need to mark that I've read, understood, and accepted IS's new Global Print and Ebook Agreement before I can go onto my account. First I've heard of it. I don't think even Joanna Penn has mentioned it on her podcast.

Downloaded the pdf, and ye gods and little fishhooks! 29 pages of legalese. Too late to tackle it last night, but yeah, I'll do my best to read it all. But I might glaze over and miss something. Who else here has gone through it? Are there any changes I need to pay special attention to?

The other thing is that the notice says I have to sign it by the 27th of last January to keep my account. That boat has left the pier.

I'm not freaking out or anything. The IS site recognized my email address and password, so they haven't disappeared me.

Anyone else who found out about this after the deadline, what happened? I won't take up space theorizing; I'll get back to trying not to space out over this agreement, and see what you guys have to say.