1. Stormdrake

Stormdrake New Member

New Kid on the Block

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Stormdrake, Jan 1, 2021.

Hi, everyone! The name's Stormdrake. After deliberating unnecessarily for some time, I decided to take the plunge and join this community. I'm well-versed in forum culture, so I hope to integrate with you fine folks without much trouble :superhello:

Like many users here, I am a writer. However, I'm very new to the creative writing scene. The only experience I have with writing is mainly academic--essays, reports, etc. It wasn't until my freshman year of college that my English professor at the time encouraged me to try out creative writing. It's been some time since then, but I figured I would try it out; it's a new year, after all, a perfect excuse to try something new :supercheeky:. Anyway, I recently bought a how-to book on writing and signed-up here. I very much look forward to my adventures in writing!

With that all said, I can't tell you much about me as a writer. All I can say is since I'm a total beginner, I figured I would start with short stories. I currently have 3 short stories in various stages of progress and an idea for a novella or two. I will say that my main genre is high fantasy, as I have a deep love for secondary worlds, rich and complex lore, and general worldbuilding. However, that is not to say I'm afraid to try out other genres, or even mix together some unlikely ones. I feel with writing one can experiment a lot :superidea:

Well, I think I rambled on long enough. I feel like I just wrote an essay! I guess habits die hard, eh? Anyway, I look forward to learning much from this community, meeting other writers, and have a fun time. Cheers!

Bone2pick likes this.
  2. dbesim

dbesim Moderator Staff Supporter Contributor

Hi @Stormdrake ! Welcome to the community.

Stormdrake likes this.
  3. s.j

s.j New Member

Welcome! I'm a new member myself, and your plans sound great! Hope to see you around.

Stormdrake likes this.
  4. Stormdrake

Stormdrake New Member

Hi, dbesim! Thanks for the welcome. I hope to see you around :superhello:

5. Stormdrake

Stormdrake New Member

Hi, Blackbird! Thanks for the welcome from a fellow new member. I also hope to see you around! :supersmile:

s.j likes this.