1. ArgileSocks

ArgileSocks Member

A Timid Writer's First Steps

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ArgileSocks, Feb 4, 2017.

Hi there,

After maybe a year or so of contemplation, I finally decided to join a writing forum. Although I love writing and would love to be a novelist, I haven't written creative fiction (my favorite) in years. Instead, my days have been filled with academic papers and the like. Of course, the first step to becoming a writer is to, well... write, so here I am!

Even now that I'm taking steps to become more serious about writing, I still have only two or three responses to prompts (so there's not a lot in my repetoire). I'm hoping to find some motivation and a measure of accountability here -- and, of course, some serious feedback once I'm ready.

jannert likes this.
  2. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    Welcome, greetings, and salutation to the Forum, sirette. :superhello:

Good luck with your first novel, and I will C-ya around. :supersmile:
    GetbackToWriting.jpg

3. Elven Candy

Elven Candy Pay no attention to the foot in my mouth Contributor

Welcome, greetings, and salutation to the Forum, sirette. :superhello:
    (stole @Cave Troll's greeting right there :whistle:)

No need to be timid here. There are a lot of us new writers and writer wannabes here, and I've experienced and seen nothing but support from fellow forumers. I joined this forum in part to help keep me on the track of writing my novel. It's helped hugely with that, and I'm sure it'll help you as well!

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
  4. BayView

BayView Huh. Interesting. Contributor

Welcome! I hope you find your inspiration here.

5. Number 7

Number 7 Member

Welcome Argile, fret not, you're not alone in being new. Hopefully some time soon If you are able to post some exerts from a few of your brain doodles we could all assist you in bettering your craft.

Best of luck with everything!

6. ArgileSocks

ArgileSocks Member

Thank you, everyone, for welcoming me to the community. I've already poked around the website and I'm really enjoying the positive vibe I see everywhere. I know I'll soon be motivated to write and share with the kind people here.

Dracon likes this.
  7. zoupskim

zoupskim Contributor Contributor

Welcome to the Forum, and goo luck! Just search all the problems you have, that block your writing and creativity, and start reading workshop stuff to see where you stand.

The https://www.writingforums.org/threads/new-member-quick-start-guide.132102/ is helpful if you haven't checked it out.