1. Xplorer

Xplorer New Member

New member from Montreal area

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Xplorer, Oct 5, 2017.

Hi everybody. I am a new member from Montreal, Canada area.

I am good in writing but I never wrote a short story or a novel. At first, I tought about writing a novel but instead I tought that writing a short story should be easier since it's shorter and I could keep my motivation along the way.

I really love horror and fantastic novel but I am also interested in trying different genres like espionnage, science-fiction, crime, suspense stories.

2. Robert Musil

Robert Musil Comparativist Contributor

Bienvenue.

In my experience, shorts really aren't easier...I mean they can take less time to finish, but they're more difficult in other ways. Because you have so many fewer words, you have to be much more careful in how you structure and word things. You can't afford to waste a single sentence, you know?

But maybe you'll have a better experience than I. Some peoples' ideas are better suited to short stories.

3. The Dapper Hooligan

The Dapper Hooligan (V) ( ;,,;) (v) Contributor

Welcome. Your writing's already in better shape than the Lafontaine Tunnel, so that's a bonus. Good luck to you.