1. Brosephus

Brosephus Member

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Brosephus, Mar 27, 2018.

New member man here. Total noob to writing creative fiction. However, I'm decent at technical writing, so I hope I'm not completely starting from square one.

Fond of mystery/crime stories, westerns, and nonfiction.

Looking forward to writing many dodgy stories and some decent ones with you guys.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
  2. 8Bit Bob

8Bit Bob Here ;) Contributor

Welcome to the forums! :superagree:

As for advice: just write! You're never going to get better without practice, so just start writing, and with time you can become a great writer ;)

(As for me, I'm still getting there :p)

Brosephus likes this.
  3. Andrew Alvarez

Andrew Alvarez Senior Member

Hello, and be welcome! My first advice, being also new on the forum, is simply to participate, read other writer's work, and start by criticizing it, even if it' s just a matter of personal preference, and not something technical: encouragement and praise also work too, if they are well explained. Most of all, read other more experienced writer's critics, so you can begin to form criteria about the details that make a story great. Have fun around, and of course, if you have any questions, just ask or check the different threads... if it's not already there, someone will answer it.(I'm into a detective themed project, so if you have some insights about the genre, your comments will be welcome. See you!

Brosephus likes this.
  4. Mink

Mink Contributor Contributor

Welcome!

Just relax and dive in! :D Enjoy the stay!