1. The Mad Regent

The Mad Regent Senior Member

Hi there.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by The Mad Regent, May 26, 2015.

Hi. My name is Pete, and I'm a Literaholic.

Over the last year I have been teaching myself to write, and I've managed to produce a few ideas and put some words to paper. But to be quite frank, I'm a little unsure of my own skills. Sometimes I read my work and feel satisfied, and other times I just want to hit the delete button. And so, I ended up here.

I'm hoping I can learn from the people here and hopefully, in time, post some of my own work for you all to tear apart, criticize, and make me want to commit intellectual suicide. Just kidding!

I'm currently working on what I hope will be my first novel -- or novella, depending how creative I am -- but I'm not all that sure how good it is. I continue writing no matter the quality; it's the only way to finish a first draft. And not to mention that it's important to work your writing muscles everyday.

Anyway, I look forward to mingling with you all.

Pete

2. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Hi Pete! Welcome to WF. Sounds like you'll fit right in. :)

Here's our New Member Guide to get you started. Check out our writing contests, if you'd prefer to flex your writing muscles that way. ;)

Have fun!

-Kat

3. PiP

PiP Contributor Contributor

Hi Pete
    I read this as Hi, my name is Pete and I'm a litterholic :eek: Yeah, I know I should have gone to specsavers!

Sounds like you'll fit right in. A great way to improve your writing is to read and crit the work of others.

It's quite a humbling experience to share your work and then other writers pull it apart. For me harsh honest crit is the most useful. There is a really useful crit guide filed somewhere... I was going to give you the link but I can find it.:oops:

Edit: here's one of the articles I found useful
    https://www.writingforums.org/threads/how-to-get-the-critique-luvin.136237/

What genre?

4. Mordred85

Mordred85 Active Member

Welcome aboard. I look forward to checking out your work.

5. Victoria Griffin

Victoria Griffin Member

Hi, Pete! I'm new as well (and a fellow Literaholic :D). I look forward to reading your work!

6. The Mad Regent

The Mad Regent Senior Member

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

I've browsed around the forum quite a bit so far, and there are some really talented writers here. It's very interesting.