1. Operative13

Operative13 Member

A New Writer Joins the Fray!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Operative13, Aug 26, 2017.

Hello everyone! My name is Operative13, although I've been known to be called Op from time-to-time :supercool:

I mostly dabble in military fantasy, mostly consisting of the steampunk, World War One and Two-esque periods, however I do write other genres from time-to-time. Many of my inspirations have come off a plethora of sources, ranging from your typical RTS/FPS games, to dark/philosophical shows and movies, to the more niche anime/manga communities I frequent. I get around a lot... :superthink:

I was told that if I wanted to take my writing more seriously, this was a place to go. If anyone around here is familiar with any of those subjects, I'd certainly like to be acquainted!

Other than that, nice meeting you all. :supercool:

zoupskim likes this.
  2. Sclavus

Sclavus Active Member

Welcome to the forum. I'm new as well, but these folks are great. I write military-themed stories as well, usually science fiction that's akin to "Black Hawk Down" meets "Resident Evil." I hope you enjoy your time here.

--Sclav

zoupskim likes this.
  3. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Добро пожаловать, Работник13

Я ничего не понимаю о видеоиграх. Как будто ты говорил по-русски со мной, но я действительно говорю по-русски, так что все будет хорошо.

But never mind that! :-D Yes, if writing stories is your goal, you've come to a good place. We've already met in a different thread, so I see you dived right in. Good! Upon joining you'll have received a PM from me. Answers to frequently asked questions concerning our forum are to be found therein.

Наслаждайся! :bigcool:

Wreybies

4. Catrin Lewis

Catrin Lewis Contributor Contributor Contest Winner 2023 Community Volunteer

Вы говорите по-русски? Я тоже немного. я рада вас познакомьтесь!

That said, I'd better get back to writing English. So, welcome!

Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
  5. Lifeline

Lifeline South. Supporter Contributor

Hey,

military fantasy? You've found the right place (and the right people I might add) :D

If you have questions or need to bounce ideas off anyone, give @zoupskim , me or @big soft moose a shout—I hope you guys will forgive me for volunteering you :p. Anyway. Welcome!

ETA: @Sclavus this means you as well :)

Sclavus likes this.
  6. zoupskim

zoupskim Contributor Contributor

Welcome to the forum!

It's cool to see more military genre writers poking up. Steampunk is awesome, although I've never tried to write it. Do you have a WIP you're working on right now?

7. Operative13

Operative13 Member

Thank you all for the warm welcome. :cool: I'll be around from time-to-time, so keep a lookout! :brb:

Multiple, actually... though I've never actually finish any of them as of yet. You're welcome to hit me up if you're interested :supercool: