1. live2write

live2write Senior Member

Many plots but so hard to choose

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by live2write, May 6, 2014.

I have so many storyboards and story lines I have been planning, (mainly because my mind works at a million miles an hour) and I cannot decide which one to choose. Number one reason why is because I do not trust myself and I am self conscious about how I want to start the story.

1. MC feels like she is a "traveler that overstayed her welcome" where she lives. She does not fit into the crowd and does not have many if not any friends, only acquaintances. She thinks she is a freak because she has voices in her head and has dreams that feel real and sometimes things from her dreams happen in real life like Dejavu. Things take a turn when soldier's from the realm Relon infiltrate her school and chase after her. After being saved by an SWD from another realm, she slowly begins to realize her true identity and who she really is. What is startling is what she finds out about her existence that leaves her vulnerable and in danger.

2. MC has a dark secret. She has been posessed by a Demon ever since youth. It was not until an incident at a nightclub, wrong place wrong time, where she had been identified and been sought after by the enemy realm Relon. Her Demon takes her into hiding where he teacher her her true identity and the purpose of her existence. Overtime she realizes she is more that what she is told and her abilities are more than just a gift, it is a curse.

3. MC is the niece of Emperior Dima of the realm Rion. She has been diagnosed with a rare disease that keeps her on a short leash. Her only freedom is her dedication to Rion and her skills in the military. After a set up attack in Rion territory, she is reunited with a demon named Sully, who is revealed to be her husband in her past life. He reveals and teachers her her abilities and warns her that she is far more indanger. Relon is after her because she is the only surviving female of her kind and Relon wants to use her to bread a new type of super soldier, one that is immortal and has the powers of both Angels and Demons.

These are the three plot lines I am bouncing between. I am open to going back to the drawing board or combining elements of each of the three. I know it is not too descriptive, but I do not want to reveal the whole story.

peachalulu likes this.
  2. MLM

MLM Banned for trolling

Any of those sound fine. She could be possessed by a demon ever since youth, but it was not until an incident at a nightclub that her rare disease began to keep her on a short leash and her only freedom was her dedication to Rion and her skills in the military, but she thinks she is a freak because she has voices in her head and has dreams that feel real and sometimes things from her dreams happen in real life like Dejavu. That would be a good story, but I'd start over with a new one involving vampire bats. I've been interested in vampire bats lately, they are pretty neat! It's likely that you are over thinking, trying to marry a bunch of ideas together without a coherent narrative, so dropping it all and approaching it from another, vampire bat related, angle may help.

Starting point for vampire bat info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vampire_bat

Tiradentes likes this.
  3. live2write

live2write Senior Member

I was never interested in doing a story involving Vampires. Sure in my original short stories I used a character that was a vampire, but he was a ternary character. I am not interested in vampires.

4. MLM

MLM Banned for trolling

Vampire bats aren't the same as vampires from fantasy and folktales. They are real animals.

5. live2write

live2write Senior Member

...................I am at a loss

6. PeterC

PeterC Active Member

One approach, if you haven't tried it, is to write some fragments of each story. Pick a particularly interesting or significant event and write a scene or two or three. That might help you decide which of the story lines engage you the most or show the most promise for interesting development.

7. peachalulu

peachalulu Member Reviewer Contributor

I like number 1.

I usually pick a story that I can easily daydream a few scenes in my head. If the other ideas aren't developing as many images or ideas I'll store them for another day.

I find that my novels usually start long winded but then I wind up cutting about three pages and getting into the grist of a scene. My Nanowrite novel started with a character doing something that made him progressively ill, I cut all that and first scene put him in bed as seriously ill.