1. Technican27

Technican27 New Member

Hi everyone

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Technican27, Mar 10, 2015.

My name is Hakan and I am 20 years old, been living in the UK almost a year now. I am not a writer but currently studying computing. I would love to start writing blog for my small project (website). What should I do? How can I start writing interesting blog for my website visitors and members?

Thanks

2. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Hi Hakan (or is it spelled HÃ¥kan? Sounds like a Swedish name) and welcome to the forum. :)

Here's our New Member Guide to get you started on our forum.

As for your question, I'd imagine setting up e.g. a Wordpress or Blogspot blog would be a start. You can promote it on your other website, but also, use tags within the blogosphere to connect it with other bloggers and visit other bloggers' sites, comment on their posts, re-blog interesting posts etc. to gain more visibility.

-Kat

3. Technican27

Technican27 New Member

Hi,
    Thanks a lot. I have the website already which started as small test project as part of my studying. Then I decided hosting it and now I have blog page as part of it and some writers (friends) contributed some articles already. So now I want to write myself but no idea where to start from :)

4. idle

idle Active Member

It sounds a bit like you want to write, but don't know what to write about. That's tough. If you want people to read you, you need to give them something interesting - something you know a lot about or understand well but others might not. Or, if you prefer fiction, something you make up and make it interesting.

Or am I reading you wrong and you already have a topic but don't know how to write it?

5. Technican27

Technican27 New Member

Hi idle,
    I have topic already but I don't know what to write. I am studying computing so this was just a project but I decided publishing this for public which getting fairly enough interest of people and they are registering and using it actively. So I want to take it a few step forward.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2015
  6. TWErvin2

TWErvin2 Contributor Contributor

Hakan,

You might do better to post your question about blogging in the writing section/questions part of the forum than in the introduction.

Just a few quick thoughts, however, to start:

You'd want to pick a platform/website: It can be your own, or the two other major ones are BlogSpot and Wordpress. You can also use your domain name, if you have one through Wordpress for example.

Layout is another consideration but that'd be easy enough to view some blogs and what you think would work for you. There are tons of Youtube videos that explain the process, if you can't figure it out yourself, which I suspect you can, studying computing.

The big thing is content, which would be related to your goal for the blog. To attract readers, you need content of interest, and consistent content to keep them coming back...not wandering off never to return. Getting followers can be another concern or issue...as there are a lot of blogs out there, but if you're good and consistent and can get some word of mouth going...via friends, facebook, tsu, twitter, etc. you'd have a chance.

Hope my two cents helps you get started in the right direction.

Glad you decided to join us here.

Terry

7. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

Welcome.