Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daniel

Daniel I'm sure you've heard the rumors Founder Staff

Questions for Tess Gerritsen Interview

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Daniel, Oct 18, 2006.

Well, I'm pleased to announce that Tess Gerritsen (NY Times bestselling author of The Mephisto Club and more) has agreed to take part in an email style interview. She has agreed to participate with the interview, but won't be able to answer questions for a few weeks due to traveling.

If any of you have questions you'd like to ask her regarding her writing, writing style, inspiration or anything else, please post questions in this thread. I'll select ten or so that I think are the most appropriate.

Thank you all for your questions, and thank you Tess for answering!

2. IndianaJoan

IndianaJoan New Member

Hah! thats fantastic. Shes a very kind and gracious woman. I look forward to posting some questions to her..but right at this very moment its past my bedtime.

This is a great honor and opportunity for everyone to give a go and ask some questions to a published and very successful fiction author.

If you havent read her work..i encourage you to do so. Start with 'Gravity'..by far my fav!

Great job spider! Im so looking forward to this.

3. IndianaJoan

IndianaJoan New Member

OK heres one question id love to ask:

Most writers struggle in the beginning of their writing careers with one issue or another ie: show vs tell, POV etc. What was the one issue that was hardest for you to overcome when you first started out?

4. IndianaJoan

IndianaJoan New Member

*bump* come on guys! This is a rare opportunity for any writer. Take advantage of the moment and post your questions :)

5. IndianaJoan

IndianaJoan New Member

Another question to ask:

As a published author, you must find it easier to recruit professionals in certain areas to help you with details in your novels. As a "new" author, how did you go about researching these things? Did you find people as helpful when you were unpublished? And last of all, if i needed to research methods and procedures for a certain profession, how could I best go about convincing someone to let me ask them questions?

Next Question:

When you published your first novel, was it through an agent or did you submit directly to a publisher? What are your opinions on how the industry has changed over the years?

And yet another:

How do you get your story ideas?

6. IndianaJoan

IndianaJoan New Member

*bump*

Come on guys..there has to be something you want to ask this lady

If you want to see who she is..go to tessgerritsen.com

This is a really awesome opportunity to connect with someone who is very successful in the industry and she has been gracious enough to take her time to answer some questions. So put on your thinking caps and make it worthwhile!

Thanks in advance

7. Daniel

I'm surprised others haven't asked questions. Come on guys! I plan to close the questions Saturday night/Sunday, so if you have a question you'd like to ask, feel free to do so.

8. Daniel

I'll send the questions tomorrow. So you have till then to post any last minute questions.

9. Daniel

The questions have been sent. Look forward to reading the interview in a week or so. Thread now closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.