1. fellowmartian

fellowmartian Member

Wow, a busy writer's site...

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by fellowmartian, Dec 21, 2016.

I'm not writing that much these days. This makes me sad. I look back at the times when I wrote most, and it was when I was involved in flourishing online writers' communities like 'Scrawl: The Writer's Asylum' and 'Show Me Your Lits'. Since these two stopped flourishing, my writing has tailed off. I'm not sure what this means; maybe I should have more intrinsic motivation. Maybe I'm overly driven by validation. *shrugs*.

I used to place stock in advice that said something like: 'don't be a writer unless you can't not write', but these days I'm starting to place more value on the process than the product. I want to write, not to be a writer. I want to write and share stuff that moves me and maybe others, not to have written such and have been published.

So, this place looks busy and enterprising; I'm hoping that by joining I will end up writing more. Let's see.

Oh, I live in the UK. I'm 40. I'm self-employed. I love climbing, travelling, walking (often with dogs) and strumming a few tunes on my guitar (often with friends, although dogs seem to like it too).

Hi.

2. SethLoki

SethLoki Retired Autodidact Contributor

Hello Fellow,
    welcome, great motives there. Looks like you'll be walking a bit of pedigree into the forum.

Hope you stick around, write more, learn, and share your knowledge too. :)

fellowmartian likes this.
  3. BayView

BayView Huh. Interesting. Contributor

Nice to meet you, @fellowmartian - hope you find what you're looking for here.

4. Lifeline

Lifeline South. Supporter Contributor

Also from me Welcome! Just be cautioned - when I joined up here I'd no idea that I'd still be around more than a year, and I-don't-know-how-many-words later. But I am not complaining :)