1. Evian

Evian Banned

Of ships and high-seas and sealing-wax, of Dragons and kings...

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Evian, Nov 9, 2016.

Hello!

I am Evian, a scribbler if ever there was one! I have spent years writing short shorties and reading (a lot) about writing (and just reading!). I have wanted to write and have been interested in the process of writing (what makes it good, what makes it bad and why do some books just transcend beyond just "good" into memorable?) ever since I truly became a reader.

I wanted to know how they created those incredible worlds. So I have spent years doing the ground work of just building knowledge and now that I have started on the journey of writing an actual novel (have I gone mad?!) I have joined NaNo this year and thought to find some fellow writers to commiserate with here.

Oh! I write fantasy.... almost forgot to mention that! I am writing a novel in the old epic fantasy style (with a little humour thrown in!) (no mystical farm boys! Just the good stuff - dragons, wizards, elves, bee's, danger and adventure!) mostly because those are the books that have influenced me the most.

Evian

2. ThistleMae

ThistleMae Member

Good morning Evian. I always like to think that somebody will write something....that transcends what's already out there....and maybe that will be you. It's a mystical and mysterious process, and you never know what folks will fall in love with. Welcome aboard.

3. Evian

Evian Banned

Thanks!