Tags:
  1. ∊η∊ηra

∊η∊ηra Smoke and Mirrors

New Year, New Me

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ∊η∊ηra, Jan 26, 2018.

Greetings One and All,

Today is my 27th birthday. Over the last week or so, I have spent some time in self-reflection, examining my life and where I stand in relation to who, where, and what I want to be.

In light of this, in my personal New Year, I have decided to do my best to fight the demons (namely my anxiety, fear of failure, and tendency to procrastinate) that have prevented me from actively pursuing my dreams of professional writing.

Now, a bit about me. My name is Adrian, and as I mentioned previously, I am twenty-seven years old as of today. I was born and raised in Salina, Kansas, though I relocated to a small city about an hour away in 2009. Having an English teacher for a mother, I was instilled with a love for literature and creative writing from a young age. I wrote several short stories as a child, and have done some light writing as an adult, some I plan to post here and bare myself to the world, so to speak. My favorite genres would probably be sci-fi and horror, but I have enjoyed works from many.

I look forward to immersing myself in this community and connecting with all of you, helping others to grow as well as myself.

Cheers!

2. Rosacrvx

Rosacrvx Contributor Contributor

Happy belated birthday! :)

27 years old seems to be a clarity moment in many people's lives. For better or worse. Maybe it's knowing that you're two years past 25 and only three years close to 30. And you won't be 19 forever. It's time to grow up *for real* and realise your youth days are numbered. Just wait for the clarity that hits you when you make that big three-zero. But you're too young to think of that one just yet.
    I remember I found my first grey hair at 27. That was not fun. o_O

Welcome to the forums! There are a lot of people here that are into horror and sci-fi. Enjoy! :)