Tags:
  1. Dragonaut

Dragonaut New Member

New Year, New Member

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Dragonaut, Jan 2, 2020.

Hello, everyone! The name's Dragonaut. I'm pretty familiar with forums and forum culture (I even read the rules beforehand ;)), so I hope to fit right in; I posted stories and interacted with other writers on another writing site/forum ages ago, but alas, it's now dead and home to bots. I've searched and lurked through other writing forums, but I find this one to be suited best for me.

I mainly write high fantasy and in short story form. I'm currently outlining a short story and have a vague idea for another short story or two, so I'll be working on those stories while familiarizing myself with the forum and its members. I'm definitely a beginning writer, with an on-the-fence feeling for publishing, so I'm not ashamed to say I still have a lot to learn.

A fun fact about myself: I also draw. I'm a visual person, so whenever I find myself stuck, I draw either the characters or, if I'm feeling daring, the setting or even the scene. I'm also a beginning drawer, but it definitely helps with the occasional Writers' Block™ :D

Anyway, I've rambled on enough. I hope to learn much from here and also help other writers as best as I can!

Alan Aspie, Some Guy and Steve Rivers like this.
  2. Iain Aschendale

Iain Aschendale Lying, dog-faced pony Marine Supporter Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Telemachus Sneezed
    Hi Dragonaut, and welcome to the forums. This is where I'd normally tell you to read Forum Rules, but it seems you did. Excellent. Did you catch New Member Quick Start? It's got some good stuff as well, but anyway, I'm glad that you're familiar with foruming, we get all types in here, some more and some less used to this life :) .

Fantasy is definitely an active genre on this particular board, so I'm sure you'll get a lot of helpful critique once you've met your requirements, but until then, don't be afraid to dive into any section or thread that seems interesting. I stumbled across a thread the other day that seemed like a pretty standard request for reassurance but turned out showing me something I hadn't realized about my own writing style, so you never know where insights can be found.

If you have any problems or questions, feel free to contact me or one of the other active mods (at the moment, big soft moose and jannert).

Happy foruming!

Dragonaut likes this.
  3. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

And an additional welcome from me, another moderator.

I think you'll find this is a very active forum—we ruthlessly weed out bots!—and like Iain pointed out, our membership is quite happy with Fantasy of all kinds. Your expressed willingness to help as well as learn is refreshing. Exactly the attitude we like to encourage.

Look forward to seeing you around the threads. :)

Jan

Dragonaut likes this.