1. compmend

compmend New Member

The next Steven King, or not...

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by compmend, Oct 22, 2016.

I have been writing short stories for as long as I can remember, though I have never gotten around to publishing any of them. I have always loved to spew out my thoughts and ideas onto paper and writing has been more therapeutic to me than a room of psychologists.

Now as a father and husband, I have been considering writing for publication so that I can share my passion and vision with the world and possibly get a little bit in return, especially for my family who are patient with me during my long and sometimes emotionally charged writing sessions.

I wanted to join this site to connect with those who are as passionate about writing as myself and those who have already found success. Who better to learn from?

The project I am currently working on is a full length horror novel that is taking me on a dark ride, as I try and weave an original tale that will keep readers awake long after they put down my book.

2. Rosacrvx

Rosacrvx Contributor Contributor

I'm holding you to that promise! ;)

Welcome, and as a horror lover I can't wait to read a bit of your story! (Make it a scary bit, please!)

compmend likes this.
  3. ThistleMae

ThistleMae Member

Horror lover here. It's very challenging to write, I think. Do you live in your head while your writing? When I have a hot story going on, I go to bed with the scenes, I wake up with the scenes, and I drive with the next scene in my head. This site is helping me push on, in spite of all the "no thank you" emails I'm getting back so far. But it's all about improving. Welcome!

compmend likes this.
  4. compmend

compmend New Member

I absolutely find myself lost in my story and characters when I am writing. It is difficult as the lines between reality and my story blur sometimes. An idea for a character coming from a person I meet in the checkout line, a location inspired by the downtown park I walk through in the mornings, a twist that comes while reading a story in the local newspaper. It takes a conscious effort to be present with my family when I am not writing. As for the site, I haven't had time to check it out fully yet, but, will do so during my breaks.

5. Rosacrvx

Rosacrvx Contributor Contributor

Same here. I'm currently making time between editings and it's hard not to think of the story, and/or new stories, even when I'm trying to "forget" what's there so I can read it with fresh eyes.
    I, too, have found inspiration for characters in the people I know. (If they ask me, I'll deny it, lol!)

6. SKeyes

SKeyes New Member

Horror is an exciting genre. You are very welcome to present your ideas and possibly stories here.