1. obi-sem kenobi

obi-sem kenobi Senior Member

An introduction it is!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by obi-sem kenobi, Dec 21, 2015.

Hi, I'm Sem!

I came across this forum and I mainly liked the idea of just being able to ask research questions without too many strings attached. I like to write, I just don't really have the dicipline to finish any of the stories I start. I live in the Netherlands and finished a bachelor on English language and literature. As for the other random information about me, I'm 23 at time of writing, male, recently married and Christian. I like science-fiction, western, noir and can be a real sucker for well-written romance too.

I cannot really think of anything else to say at the moment, so I'll just leave it at this.

Pleasure to meet you!

VynniL likes this.
  2. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Hi Sem, and welcome to the forum. :D

Always fun to meet other non-native speakers. Do you write fiction in English or in Dutch?

Here's our New Member Quick Start to get you started. Have fun!

-Kat

3. VynniL

VynniL Contributor Contributor

I enjoyed your intro! And a male who claimed to be enjoy a well-written romance....how refreshing. I don't read that often. ;-)
    Welcome Sem, pleasure to meet you too!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2015
  4. obi-sem kenobi

Thanks! I write in English because it's all I've ever practiced. I'm not that much into Dutch literature, so I also pick up most things from English sources.
    As for the romance, I will have to be honest and say that it does usually have to be embedded in another context for me to realy enjoy it. For example, I liked Jane Eyre a lot, but cannot seem to get into a Jane Austen novel. I depleted my finite interest in romantic comedies when my wife was still my girlfriend (I just hate the inevitable "it goes wrong again" moment) and yet find myself tear up everytime I watch the Terminal. :)

5. VynniL

VynniL Contributor Contributor

What?! And here I thought I finally met a man who reads Mills and Boon...hehe ;-)

6. obi-sem kenobi

Hehe, yeah, that's exactly what I didn't mean, my apologies for conforming to the stereotype after all :p