1. Death2ignorance

Death2ignorance Member

Newbie here

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Death2ignorance, Feb 29, 2016.

Hi everyone! My friend and I are working on our first Fan fictions together, and we were looking for a community we could go to with some of our questions.

Looking forward to meeting all of you!

2. BadCrow

BadCrow Member

Hey there, welcome to the forums!

3. Death2ignorance

Death2ignorance Member

Thanks! I see you recently joined too. How did you find this place?

4. BadCrow

BadCrow Member

googled writer forum and Tadah! here I am ;)

5. Death2ignorance

Death2ignorance Member

:rofl: I probably should have phrased my question better. I mean what made you search out a forum for writers? what are you working on?

6. BadCrow

BadCrow Member

I'm currently working on a novell about the rise of the human empire in a world with dragons and magic. My goal is to cover the founding of the empire, the rise to being the power number and the expansion around the globe... I could go on but this is the thing i got planned for now, ultimately i want to fo the same with an additional three planets which all meet up in the universe once they set out to space under the leaderhip of their gods and cults

yes i know, too much ground to cover. But hey, i can try, right?

Last edited: Feb 29, 2016
  7. New_Writer55

New_Writer55 New Member

I'm new too, I came for writing advice, I'm a first timer!

8. Death2ignorance

Death2ignorance Member

That sounds awesome! What time period are you working in? most fantasy worlds with magic and dragons take place with medieval technology, are you starting there too or is it set in a modern/future setting?

what sort of challenges will the fledgling human empire face? is there a rival species competing with them? an incumbent empire?

9. Death2ignorance

Death2ignorance Member

Hi!

10. BadCrow

BadCrow Member

:love: thanks for cheering me up.
    Yes, as i write it the dragons are the dominant species on the planet. I got the first piece of my novellete ready and am currently working on the later piece. Once i am done with those I will tackle the main book (i have the short drafts of three books already done, namely the rise of the human empire).
    But going into detail here would take up way to much space^^.

11. Death2ignorance

Death2ignorance Member

are the dragons sentient and/or organised in some sort of hierarchical structure, or are they merely the alpha predator. how do you plan on writing dragons once the human empire expands into space?

12. BadCrow

BadCrow Member

The dragons are loosely aware of each other but not organised in our sense, since they have been the alpha predators and gods of the earth for hundreds of years they lack any sense of danger. If you can obliterate any animal close to you why would you be afraid of anything?
    The first intelligent race that appeard on the planet after the dragons were a bunch of smart apes. As the lower draconic life forms (the dragons differentiated strongly) they studied them and trained them like we do with apes.
    After realising their interferance with the natural growth of the race had destroyed their capability of survival in the natural inhabitance (they had become pets). the dragons approached humanity differently, the large gods (earth, fire, air, water, light, dark, life) split up as their intentions differed on how to interact with the humans.
    They split into kingdoms(of a sort) where humans were being treated differently. But like i said i got about 100 pages of background story going into detail would be a bit much. If you want I can start a topic about it^^

13. Death2ignorance

Death2ignorance Member

Are you working on anything at the moment

14. New_Writer55

New_Writer55 New Member

My best friend and I are in planning/writing a book, which will be hard because we live on opposite sides of the country