1. skyemc

skyemc New Member

Newbie with complicated questions

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by skyemc, Jan 18, 2018.

Hi there,

I've come to this place to ask some questions and I hope I can pick your brains a guidance, I'm sure they're brilliant.

I have a relative that has got into a high profile case which makes him a well known person in one country in Asia (where the incident happened), but because he's an Australian resident, he (sadly) got a worldwide coverage. I said "sadly" because most of the coverage are untrue and defaming.

However, as times goes by, he received many support and locals are persuading/offering him movie deals and book contracts. He is not convinced because he is worried if he'd get himself into trouble again if he truly voice his mind during the actual events - but he needs to do this. Millions are waiting for him to break his silence, and of course, in the name of justice... self-discovery, love and compassion. Because what he'd gone through was not nice at all.

So he's got an idea to turn his story into a novel, as if it was a fiction (and considering how dramatic it is, it could totally be!). He'll have to change the names of the people involved, but all the occurrences are based on facts. If the reader don't know who he is, it could be an interesting story to read. But for those who knows him, they'll know exactly who the new names are referring to, or maybe not, and it would challenge them.

Since we both are not familiar with publishing, can we get any opinions of this please?

Thank you very much and have a good day.
    S