Newcomer's Game - The Orb of Pyritus

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Love to Write, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Dagolas

Dagolas Banned

A brown and tan moth flitted around Jerty's pointed hat before landing on his nose. It seemed to study him for a moment before flying off. Two seconds later a little girl about 5 or 6, in a brown and tan sleeveless dress, knelt in front of him and titled her blond head to peer at him curiously. Her eyes were large and gray, and her smile was as innocent as could be. She stretched out a tiny hand in an obvious offer to help him up.

Jerty edged a bit back, as if touching the hand would kill him. Finally, he cautiously took the hand.

The girl helped pull Jerty to his feet, her moth wings fluttering to help her keep her balance. When the wizard was standing she pointed to the cave behind her and pulled on his hand like she wanted him to follow her to the cave where a bunch of other strange people were.

Jerty readjusted his pointy hat and followed her wordlessly towards the cave. He had worked up quite an appetite with all that running, and he might run into something more horrible then a few humans.

Once inside she flashed Jerty a toothy grin and vanished, replaced by a brown and tan moth that fluttered in front of his face for a moment then disappeared into the dark of the cave.

2. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Senior Member

"Oh great! Another person. Now all we need are a few more so this cave can become cramped so much we can hardly move!" Schadenfreude complained loudly, as his head was just now sealing back onto his shoulders.

By now, his neck was holding his head by a mere flap of skin, and the rest of him was still in pieces, though now in the correct place that they could heal. His arm was now at his shoulder, and his lower half, though still severed, was now touching to his waist again. His healing had left a great deal of gore on the walls of the cave and blood on the dirt floor. It looked like someone had been mauled by a bear.

3. Dagolas

Dagolas Banned

Jerty looked worriedly at the decapitated man.

"I'm sorry. I'll leave if you want. Do you enjoy consuming human flesh?" asked Jerty, noticing the blood splashed all over the cage, and the insects crawling about in the mess.

4. TheApprentice

Schadenfreude was appalled at the wizards rude comment.

"What?! I'm no zombie! I am a being far beyond your comprehension!" He said, always suspecting that human beings were ignorant. "I got ripped into several pieces, courtesy of the giant moles out in those fields."

It wasn't like him to be so ill mannered, but he hated being cut up and he was in a very bad mood.

5. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

Clara

He held out a hand. “Looks like everyone’s headed to that cave. I think it would be safer there… my, how rude of me. I didn’t even ask you your name?”

She studied Felix's large outstretched hand; tan skin, rough and calloused. Must be from all of his many flirts with danger. Clara politely refused to take it and stepped to the side, twirling her parasol between her fingers. Men...one couldn't give them everything upon the first meeting.

"It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Mr. Rainer." she said, walking as she did. "I am Miss Clara Hampton of New York City, the grandest city in all of the world, I'm certain. This place is sore in comparison. It reminds me of my travels to the countryside and how I detest it so."

Clara tossed her head to cast a backward glance at him, in the hopes to catch his eye again. "Excuse my judgement, but your attire suggests you are a soldier. Would that be your occupation, Mr. Rainer?" she asked, a flicker of a smile on her lips. "Where do you dwell?"

6. BrandonrockstheAM

BrandonrockstheAM Active Member

Roland and Jerty (Collab)

Roland detected the new presence before anyone else. He looked towards the opening of the small cave, and saw a small, little overweight man. He wore a wizard's hat- didn't really surprise him at this point. He attached the machine to his back, then felt the tubes reattach themselves to his various joints. He tested them, flexing his fingers and toes, then stood up and walked towards the small man. A momentary thought flashed through his head; he might look intimidating.

Roland sucked in carbon dioxide from the air, feeling the fresh oxygen flush into his lungs as the reactor separated it from the carbon. He walked into the small man's vision, and put out a hand. Maybe they could shake hands, and he'd have a wizard to talk to. It would be a very educational learning experience for him.
    Jerty shook hands with the man. He had a strange contraption attached to him, and huge hind metallic hind legs, but looked rather friendly.

"How do you do. Say, who was that girl who brought me here?" Jerty said.

Roland looked around Jerty for the girl he was talking about. He didn't think it had been Dana, Eve, or Clara. Was there another girl that was here? Tucking the thought in for later, he was grateful there was someone to talk to.

"What girl?" Roland asked, eyebrows raised.

"A lit- bah, what does it matter. Would you happen to have any food?"

Jerty was still staring at the strange zombie decapitated corpse thing lying on the floor, who had just shouted at him.

Roland looked over at Schadenfreude, who had just yelled. The strange, powerful creature was turning out to be quite amusing. He put the hesitation and the mysterious girl Jerty had met into the back of his mind for future reference. He then addressed the problem of food.

"I'd suggest asking the Mayor. He's sitting over there." Roland motioned. "I'd also suggest meeting some of the other people here. We've all apparently come from different universes, and we've all been summoned here to help him take out a dangerous creature called Gree." Roland eyed the small man's potbelly. "You should be wary of what you eat, Mr... What's your name?"

"Jerty. Jerty Plimsole. Are you on an epic quest or adventure?" Jerty asked warily.

Roland smiled. The man had pretty much ignored his mention of his potbelly. "Not at the moment, no. However, I do plan to get the Orb of Pyritus from Gree first. Oh, by the way, that's the object that provides Gree with his powers, as I am told. The Mayor wants us to get it from Gree and stop him from causing any more damage. As you can guess, the Orb of Pyritus is the single most powerful object in all the universes that ever existed." Roland swept his arm over the pristine, light-colored metal of his left hind leg. His brown eyes flashed for a second, briefly and slightly contrasting from the mud-brown skin of his face. "And I've forgotten to introduce myself. My name's Roland. Nice to meet you."

"Jolly good. I always get into one of these damn adventures anyway. I'm getting too old for this," said Jerty, scratching at his beard. "All I need is a magic sword, and some fish and chips."

7. TheApprentice

Schadenfreude noticed Roland being friendly to who he regarded as a fat idiot. He was pretty pissed, as it seemed this wizard was about to join up with them.

"You are not honestly considering letting him join our group are you? He is likely as useful as a feces flavoured candy. I mean look at him. He is fat, out of shape, and ridiculous. Wizards don't actually wear those hats, and he is asking for a sword when he can't do one push-up." He said to Roland in an annoyed tone.

He then looked at the wizard, as his neck reattached to his head "This is no place to play pretend. Show some form of magic ability or I say we should kick you out to the mercy of the mutants."

8. Dagolas

Dagolas Banned

"Fine. Let's do some magic," Jerty raised his hands and stared at nothing in particular. "Artemius negorath... al-tuberok nosoldros!" he muttered, "calmodroias Nunbultuk nosoréf£Ðö Pôµûc". He started yelling in this incrompehensible language
    "OALSUMIUS CARENTOSLO PAORAOOO NUNGURUTH!"

"What does that mean?" asked Schadenfreude.

"It's absolute gibberish," replied Jerty, before kicking Roland in the groin, and then aiming a kick at Schadenfreude's head.

"And for my next spell... JERTIUS GOUS BYEUS-BYEUS, WANKERUS" he yelled, speeding off to the cave mouth. He had never liked adventures. Bloody adventures. He wasn't about to get roped into another one.

9. TheApprentice

Schadenfreude's head snapped back as Jery's foot went into his mouth. It didn't hurt much, but it angered Schadenfreude even more as had the kick been any harder, it could have knocked Schadenfreude's head off again.

"You b****rd!" He yelled, as he exploded once more into many locusts, which flew quickly after Jerty.

The swarm came upon Jerty rather quickly, biting him, and clouding the area around his head to prevent him from seeing a large rock that he would surely trip over.

10. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

Dana and Drake

10 minutes later Dana had the saddle strapped back on and followed Drake outside. When they were a safe distance from the cave she put her foot in the stirrups and took hold of the loops in the front of the saddle. He had said that they would pull on his legs to tell him which direction to go. She lowered her body as close to the saddle as she could and nodded her head, every fiber within her seemed to dance with excitement. She was about to ride a Dragon! "Let's go."

Drake bobbed his head, then gathered his legs beneath his long, powerful body and sprang straight up. His wings snapped wide, and for a moment they seemed about to fall back to the earth.

Then he pumped downward, and a hot gust of wind shot them skyward. Drake felt Dana's legs tighten instinctively to his sides to keep from slipping off, for his path of flight was not the long, looping path of a dragon soaring skyward, but the rapid flaps of a creature trained to rise straight up. His wing-joints bulged with powerful muscle, and his short, but broad wings made quick use of any thermals in the area.

But this was only the easy part. Breath rushed out of him in soft, near-silent pants, and he imagined that they were both back on his planet, about to scout out the current location of the Fell.

When they reached the correct height, Drake leveled off and drifted in a slow circle, head swiveling from side to side as he looked for a target amidst the ocean of grassland.

Dana didn't relieze she'd been holding her breath till the flight leveled off. The climb had been terrifying but exhilarating. She breathed out a deep sigh. "That wasn't so bad." But when Drake chuckled beneath her, she was forced to quickly rethink her judgement. Because there is only one thing that young dragons love to do more than fly.

It was dive.

"Hang on!" Drake clapped his wings to his sides, and with a jubilant roar dropped right out of the air.

Dana heart was forced into her gut as they dropped down almost vertically. "Hesfah!" She said, uttering a magical word. The daggers at her side glowed as she drew magic from them and turned it into a magical shield in front of her. The wind force that would have otherwise torn her out of the saddle, hit the shield and was deflected away from her. It helped but the sheer intensity of the drop forced her to use every ounce of her strength she had in her legs and arms to stay seated.

Drake bellowed in sheer exhilaration, hitting speeds of up to three hundred miles per hour now. Dana had been able to hang on even past two hundred -a feat that no one else had ever managed to succeed in. His trepidation melted away and he really thought that she might be able to keep up with him.

But she still has to pass this test, otherwise it's all for nothing. he thought, then gradually leveled off, but not slowing down in the slightest. Drake pumped his wings to keep them on a steady course, and soon they hit the shifting gravity.

Drake immediately flipped to one side when he was pulled abruptly to the left, darting through the side-ways gravity field like a flying spear before it could have any real effect on his flight path. he felt Dana's grip tighten even further if it were possible, but she just managed to hang on and keep from being torn off the saddle. Still, that wasn't even the beginning of the test. The forest was coming up fast now, and Drake made his intentions clear by pumping even harder. he was going to show what he was really bred for -and that was high-speed forest-flying.

Dana felt the shift in Drake's muscles and the rhythmic beat of his wings. She brought her body close to the saddle. I need to anticipate his movements. She thought. I'm not just riding on, I'm flying with. I'm the rider, I need to guide.
    They closed in the forest, a tree lay directly in front of them. She tugged slightly on the loops and leaned slightly with Drake's body as he flew around the tree. Up, down, sideways, they flew at incredible speeds through the thick foliage. Several times branches raked across her body, nearly breaking her concentration. But in here a break of concentration would mean death via a branch in the heart. Dana forced herself to think about nothing aside from Drake's movements. Not even her fear. She felt Drake's muscles and moved with them. She anticipated flight change and guided him. In this moment, it felt like she'd been flying all her life, and that this was the reason she'd been born.

Finally, Drake flipped upward and burst from the treetops, moonlight dappling his scales silver when he roared to the skies. She'd done it! She'd actually done it! He roared again and did a back-flip, overjoyed. He'd finally found his partner.

"Haha -if only the boys could see me now! They'd die of jealousy!" he crowed.

"Yeah." Dana muttered, her exhilaration replaced by a wave of nausea. "Can we set down now?"

Drake glided to a stop, still chuckling and chattering happily. The moment his feet hit the ground, Dana slid off of him and collapsed on the ground. Her muscles felt like jelly and her whole body quivered from the adrenaline rush. Suddenly she leaned forward and emptied her stomach on the ground.

"Ah, don't worry, it will get better. I'm surprised you actually held your stomach for that long." Drake chuckled at the glare Dana threw at him, and then grinned even more when she saw that he could close his nostrils.

After several minutes, Dana was finally well enough to climb back onto him again, and they set off for the cave.

11. Dagolas

Dagolas Banned

Jerty's vision was clouded by insects.
    "Yargh!" he yelled, not seeing the rock on the floor. He lay there for a few seconds motionless, then started stuttering.

"H-h-hhelp... please stop.."

The swarm then dissipated, as Schadenfreude quickly grew bored. Bored with hurting Jerty? Of course not. He found turning into a bunch of locusts got old quick.

The swarm of locusts took shape of Schadenfreude once again, but this time he was all put together. He wasn't healed though. There was a giant hole in his torso, exposing his ribs and a very small part of his pelvic bone. His left arm was missing as well.

"Forgot I could do that. It has been...a long while since I have been cut in so many pieces. What ever happened to the good old days when I fought people, people who shot at me?" Schadenfreude ranted, then remembered Jerty "Oh yes[​IMG], I must educate you. Kicking me in the head shows a lack of manners, and a moron like yourself mocks me and my group with your presence." Schadenfreude said, kicking Jerty in the groin, and then his gut.

Jerty rolled up into a fetal position. "Please, I never meant any harm... I don't want to get into an adventure. I'm not even a proper wizard, I only know one spell."

Schadenfreude stopped kicking Jerty for a moment "And what would that spell be? Your utter stupidity? Or the ability to eat the most big macs? Judging by your behaviour thus far, and your physique, it could be either." Schadenfreude said, kicking Jerty in the kidney.

'Hmm...perhaps he could be useful...' Schadenfreude thought, staring at this ridiculous man "Get up, you're coming with us." Schadenfreude said, reaching down to pick Jerty up on his feet.

Maybe he was a worthless joke of a man, but he might make a humorous distraction. Hey, every group needs it butt monkey.

"The spell is that of the great Octavo. It is one of the eight great spells, the wielder of which would hold the most power in the universe."

"Perhaps you should use it in any upcoming battles we get into. Either way, come on." Schadenfreude said, as he grabbed Jerty and began walking off to the cave.

Schadenfreude cared for none of them, but he would need people to get the orb.

12. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

Night passed, restlessly for most, and the sun rose signaling a new day in this strange world. Some of the people, including Dana and Drake, went hunting for those who couldn't hunt and returned with enough food for everyone. After they'd eaten their fill they got to their feet and left the caves to continue the hunt for Gree, the holder of the Orb of Pyritus. It didn't take long for them to come upon another strange sight. The gravity in this area had been altered in such a way that it created a maze, of clouds about a mile wide and a mile long. On either side of the maze was cliff dropping straight down for hundreds of feet. The only way across seemed to be through the maze. Parts of the top were covered by clouds so they couldn't plan their path ahead of time.

At the entrance of the maze was a sign that said,
    "Welcome to the Cloud Maze! Test your intellect and see if you can make it through.
    To navigate the Cloud Maze you must answer the riddles and common questions at each cross road correctly.
    The correct answer will either begin with a
    L, S, or R signaling which cross road to take.
    L for Left. S for Straight and R for Right.
    If you are unable to complete the maze just turn around and follow your footprints! Have fun!"

That's right. This place is a resort world. They must have tons of things like this around here. Dana thought. The idea of spending who knew how much time to get through this maze was not appealing to her. The longer they spent here, the further away Gree got. Maybe there's a shortcut. She reached her hand out to touch one of the cloud walls only to be shocked painfully. She took a rock and threw it at the compressed cloud but it only made it a part of the way through before being spat back out at twice the speed. "Looks like we won't be able to walk straight through." She sighed then thought about Drake. He could fly them over one by one...maybe. She picked up another rock and through it into the air over the cliff. The gravity shot it down like a gun, and it hit the ground far below them in less than a second where as it would've taken 2 or 3 seconds in normal gravity.
    "And flying isn't an option either unless we want to become pancakes." Dana sighed. "Guess that means we have to take the long way. Hope you guys are good with riddles and common knowledge."

Two steps in they came to their first crossroad. They could go either left or right. The riddle at this crossroad said:
    Iron roof, glass walls
    Burns and burns
    And never falls.
    What am I?

13. BrandonrockstheAM

Roland quickly went through many possibilities in his head, processing in his enhanced brain. Something burning, that doesn't fall. It was obviously attached to something then. What would burn and be attached to a wall? Probably a light source of some kind. Going off of that, Roland quickly formed two options: torch, or lantern. The torch was eliminated, due to the lack of an iron roof or glass walls. Obviously, the answer was a lantern. He looked around at all the thoughtful faces. God, they were all idiots.

"Come on, it's this way." He motioned for everyone to follow him down the left pathway, but almost no one followed him, with confused faces. "It's obviously a lantern. Stop with those idiotic stares and come on."

After a few minutes of walking down the pathway, the group came to another sign, another crossroad.

What is bigger when new and grows smaller with use?

14. BrandonrockstheAM

Within a few seconds, Roland had come up with the answer. Yet again, he turned, hoping somebody else had figured it out as fast as he had. He sighed, then continued down straight.

"Soap. Come on." He said.

After a minute or two, they came upon another crossroads. This time, there were only two passageways. One passageway went straight, the other went right. There was no passageway to the left.

Ten Men's Strength,
    Ten Men's Length,
    Ten Men can't break it,
    Yet a young boy can walk off with it.
    What am I?

Roland decided to let someone else have a go, and retreated to the back of the group. Surely someone else would be able to come up with the answer?

15. Dras

Dras Active Member

Chi
    Eyes closed, Chi took a deep breath in and let it out slowly. While inhaling slowly she moved her right hand into the air in front of her along with her right leg. When her hand reach eye-level and her leg to hip level, she pivoted to the right on her left foot and exhaled as she slowly lowered her leg and brought her hand down to cup the other one at her left side. She continued the slow methodical movements until her dance was done and she finally opened her bi-colored eyes. Instantly a smile graced her lips and she collapsed into the springy grass of the Cariah forest. As she sprawled out on her back she purred in contentment.

"Meeeow, this is nice," Once again Chi closed her eyes and relished in the warm sun beating down upon her skin. Every once and awhile her tail would flick or her ears would turn towards some interesting sound.

Then the sun disappeared and wind howled around her.

Chi's eyes flew open but all she saw was a rapidly disappearing spot of blue where her sky had been and she was surrounded on all sides by a myriad of swirling colors.

"Reoooooooow!" Chi exclaimed, her ears pressed tightly to her head and her tail bristling. As she continued to fall Chi twisted her body around to face below her only to find the maelstrom of colors end abruptly to give way to another blue sky. This was not her blue sky though. Her sky was a richer blue. One good thing that happened was her descent had slowed and she was now, more or less, floating towards the ground below her.

What a strange place, she thought curiously. The ground below her seemed like a white cloud with a myriad of paths winding through it. Chi had never seen it's like and all the directions the paths took amused her though it made no sense to her.

As she drifted lower she was able to make out the individual forms of other creatures and her ears perked curiously. When she felt she had drifted low enough that they could hear her she started waving.

"Meeeooow! Who arre you? Where am I? Is this yourr worrld?" she asked them curiously. Suddenly, when she was a couple feet above the head of the tallest one her descent increased rapidly.

"Reeeeoooow!" she screeched again and waved her hands and arms frantically to slow herself. She only increased in speed and hit the ground with her feet. Chi's legs bent to absorb the impact and she folded into a roll and take out momentum. Soon as she felt she had slowed enough Chi sprung out of her roll to land on her feet again, this time standing fully to her height of five feet and smoothing back her velvet-like ears and hair. Chi's tail twitched from side to side with indignation. Soon as she calmed herself and smoothed out her rumpled clothes, she checked all her weapons. Satisfied with their condition she rose her head back to the motley group.

"Not my best landing for surrre!" Then she smiled and held out her arms in a welcoming gesture. "I'm Chi!"

16. Love to Write

"Not my best landing for surrre!" Then she smiled and held out her arms in a welcoming gesture. "I'm Chi!"

Dana cocked her head as she studied Chi. She'd never met a cat like human before. Too bad she hadn't shown up last night. She would have been invaluable when fighting those mole-human mutants.
    "Welcome Chi, I'm Dana." She said. "This planet is called Theta prime, but details are going to have to wait. Right now we need to get through this maze by answering the riddles. Once we're safely on the other side, I'll tell you what I know."

17. Dras

Dras Active Member

Chi cocked her head at the one who called herself Dana, her ears constantly twitching and swiveling in all directions. Her tail had calmed down a bit but it still curled at the end.

"Theta Prrrrime? Never hearrrd of such a place, meow." Chi glanced behind her and noticed the writing on the wall of clouds.

Ten Men's Strength,
    Ten Men's Length,
    Ten Men can't break it,
    Yet a young boy can walk off with it.
    What am I?

"Oh!
    Those kinds of rrriddles!" Chi spun around and cocked her head again, studying the wall. Her tail began to sway in more graceful motions as she thought on the riddle and somebody with good hearing might of heard her purr quietly at the pleasure of testing her mind. "Hmmm, must be strong but light and very long.........." Chi thought awhile longer.

"Aha! It must be rope!" Chi did a little jump for joy then skipped down the right path, beckoning the others to follow her. It wasn't long however before they reached another crossroad and Chi studied the next riddle intently;

You do what same thing to these three items:
    Icecream cones, Envelopes and Lollipops.

The Felinal blinked. Then she blinked again, her tail twitching with irritation and her ears twisting at an odd angle.

"What is Ice-crrream and Lollipops?" she asked the others, completely unfazed by all their different appearances. "This rrriddle not fair. Rrriddles are supposed to be of things we know. Rrrroooow" Chi turned back to the riddle and sat abruptly on the ground, crossing her legs and arms in a pout and glaring at the words on the wall.

18. Keitsumah

Dracian Orden

Drake eyed the next riddle, then scrunched up his muzzle in distaste. "Easy. You lick them." With a glance that dared anyone to ask how he knew that -Drake was more human than some would suspect- he led them down the left path.

The next riddle had him stopping short.

"What is full of holes but still holds water?" he read.

19. Love to Write

"A sponge, obviously." Dana said after a moment's thought. The group proceeded through the maze, answering riddles sometimes quickly and other times very slowly. By the time they got through the sun was already high in sky.
    "Finally!" Dana exclaimed as they reached the exit. The group exited the cloud maze on the other side of the chasm. Before them lay large lake which floated above them. The ground was damp but able to be walked on. It was quite a sight, being able to see into the depths of the lake and seeing all manner of fish and water life within.

It would likely be a once in a lifetime opportunity for many of them, walking beneath a floating lake. To think that this was normal for the people here! What other wonders did this world hold. Dana smiled as she stepped on the lake bed. As she did a noise, similar to a roar of an animal was heard echoing through the water, sending ripples across it's surface.
    "It's mine!" A raspy voice cried. "The Orb is not for you! You can not have it!"
    "Anyone want to bet that voice is talking to us?" Dana asked. No one could see who the voice belonged to. It must have been coming from the other side of the lake, the water amplifying the sound of the voice.

"It's talking about the Orb. If were lucky, its Gree. C'mon." Dana gestured to the path under the floating lake with her hand and ventured forward.

20. BrandonrockstheAM

Roland disengaged himself from his ENPA, settling on the wheelchair he had with him. He set the ENPA to it's charging state, leaving it to gather the sun's rays and the compounds in the air. He twisted a dial, and the machine stopped spewing out the oxygen it picked up.

As the others walked forward, Roland stopped to admire the view. Using his lungs, he felt the rushes of the oxygen and sighed. The air was humid, so unlike the dry winds of Eureka; the temperature was cooler that he was used to, although still pleasantly warm. Marvels that would draw tourists from wherever were everywhere he could set his eyes on. His eyes gleamed with wonderment; this was paradise. There were so many things he could bring back to his home, so many things he could show them all that we haven't accomplished. There were infinite possibilities!

"If the Orb of Pyritus is as powerful as it is said to be, then I want it." Roland smiled. The feeling of great ambition and dreams lifted him. His professors had told him to embrace the dreams that entered his head. He knew that he would have to defeat Gree, then take it. His weaponry was sophisticated; he could see himself beating anything he could come across. Everything he'd fought yet had been easy to kill. However, it wasn't out of the realm of possibility that Gree could be supremely powerful. Roland would have to employ many methods to defeat him the; perhaps he'd even have help. That woman with the inflamed pistols would be useful, as would the shape-shifting, powerful creature Schadenfreude. Depending on the situation, the dragon might be useful as well. For all he knew, the creature could be allergic to the perfume Clara was wearing; he chuckled.

Roland breathed in, watching everyone move along ahead of him. He sighed, breathing in a long breath, then rolled himself towards the others.

Love to Write likes this.
  21. Dras

Dras Active Member

Chi was very reluctant to be walking underneath water. With every step she took she glanced upwards with a very frightened and almost angry expression, her ears laid flat against her head and only the tip of her tail twitching here and there.

"I no like this, Ahh!" A drop of water landed just in front of her, barely scraping her nose on it's way down. Frantically she scurried up to the one who called herself Dana. "Are you surre the water will not come crashing down upon us, meow?" Chi looked up at the woman with her wide and fearful, bi-colored eyes. Blue and violet begging for some assurance.

22. TheApprentice

Schadenfreude stared upward in admiration of what defied the reality he saw in most worlds. Whatever power this Orb of Pyritus held would surely restore him to the power he once knew.

Schadenfreude, though unimpressed by the abilities of his companions, did acknowledge that he would likely need their help to defeat Gree and obtain the orb. When he found the orb, however, he would keep it and it's power for himself.

"To be a God...once more..." He whispered quietly to himself as he walked with the others.

23. Keitsumah

Drake padded along quietly alongside Dana, and at mention of the orb a troubled look came to his eyes. The Orb. If it was so powerful, he might be able to return home. Maybe he could even destroy the Fell once and for all.

But they were doomed. Without females, his kind would be forced to always be re-created in test tubes. He knew that once the Fell were gone, everyone had accepted the fact that they would die out too. Just for the sake of the world to not fall into warfare ever again.

Unless...

"Dana... you said your world doesn't have many dragons, right?"

24. Fan7asticMrFox

Fan7asticMrFox Contributor Contributor

Felix

They were walking under a lake. Under a lake. The insanity of it all was enough to make Felix smile and he had to try his luck and put his hand in. His fingers flew inches away but he hesitated for a moment with the thought that maybe the entire thing would collapse on them, drenching and drowning them.

But it looked like fun. He swiped a hand through the water without another thought and felt its cold crisp touch caress his skin. Pulling it out he watched the droplets covering his hand fall up, back into the floating lake as if time had reversed.

"It's mine!" A raspy voice cried. "The Orb is not for you! You can not have it!"

Felix’s train of thought was lost. “Orb? Is that what we’ve been searching for?” Felix asked, “If the Mayor’s after it… can you imagine the reward!?” He was licking his lips at the thought. “Maybe it’s a box full of gold… or maybe a room, or a house! That Orb is mine.” He marched ahead, barging to the front of the pack.

25. Dras

Dras Active Member

"Are you surre the water will not come crashing down upon us, meow?"

"No. I'm not. The gravity in this world is very strange. Who knows? Mabye it isn't always up in the air." Dana replied, not meaning to frighten the cat more but rather just stating her thoughts. As she entered a conversation with Drake Chi felt a tiny hand grab her hand. She looked down to see a child with tan and brown moth wings smiling up at her. Her dress was sleeveless and matched her wings. Embroidered on the dress was the word Gypsy. Gypsy's eyes seemed to dance like she was promising Chi she'd be fine.

"Pixie?" Chi thought curiously, her ears perking up with interest. Pixies had strong benevolent magic in her world and were only seen in times of great trial. Chi had only heard the stories and had never seen one but seeing one now really put her mind at ease. As was custom with her people, Chi knelt down so she was on eye-level with Gypsy.

"Does Gypsy know this worrrld? Are you going to be our Pixie guide?"

Gypsy’s eyes closed and her smile turned up like she was laughing. Chi couldn’t hear the smile but rather felt it vibrate through her body. Gypsy flew up to the lake floating above them and returned a second later, dropping a wriggling fish into Chi’s hands. By the time Chi looked back up from flopping fish in her hand, Gypsy had disappeared replaced by a tan and brown moth that flitted down the path.

"I'll assume that's a yes then," Chi said happily. Felinal's normally didn't eat food raw, having discovered the art of cooking, but it wasn't odd to see one eating a freshly caught fish or small animal either. At this point in time, Chi was hungry enough not to care. Using her sharp nails, Chi proceeded to scale and gut the fish while she was walking, leaving a grisly trail behind her. She was purring loudly, happy to have something distract her from the ominous lake above her.