News letter

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Agent Vatani, Jan 4, 2011.

1. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

but remember the admins [and the site owner] are all unpaid volunteers with their own writing projects [and lives] taking up their time... and even something 'simpler' like that would take a lot of time and energy to keep up...

i, for one, don't think it would be fair to ask our already hard-working mods to add such a major task to their work load... especially if it's only to satisfy a tiny percentage of the membership... i'd still like to see how many here really feel such a thing is needed and how many would bother to actually read it on a regular basis...

2. Agent Vatani

Agent Vatani Active Member

Who's asking to get paid for it?
    I would do it for free if I had helps.
    The matter is people doing it and time.

3. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

nobody mentioned getting paid that i know of... that's a non-issue...

4. Elgaisma

Elgaisma Contributor Contributor

The way I've done in the past with similar forums is to have six people respsonsible. Means twice a year someone has the responsiblity of getting it out, it doesn't get difficult for them, and remains fresh for those reading.

5. k.little90

k.little90 Active Member

That sounds great, Elgaisma!

Agent Vatani, I would be more than willing to help you if you want to get something started. This sounds like an interesting project to me, regardless of how many people will actually read it.

And Maia, I don't think it would be a good idea to send it out as an email. Like you, I just delete stuff like that that I get from websites. It may be better to just sticky it to the Forums or something. That way it's easier to access for people that are on the site (including guests) and we won't have to worry about sending it out to everyone.