1. daleydale

daleydale New Member

Nice to Meet You!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by daleydale, Jul 12, 2017.

Hello!

My name is Dale! (I am a female, just to be clear--I get confused a lot on the internet!) I've been writing fiction since I was in middle school, but I've never been a very consistent writer. I always have ideas in my head, but I almost never put them down on paper. Some of my ideas meld and blend and evolve into different things; these ideas I have nurtured for a long time, worked on and given up on, but always come back to. Most of my ideas, however, waste away and disappear. I'm really hoping that being a member of this community will help motivate me to write more, to put all of my ideas down on paper in some way, and maybe one day to eventually finish a novel.

I've never much been one for sharing my writing except for with my best friend, as I'm a bit shy and self-conscious about it. I am the type that wants to write something amazing, but can only the manage mediocre for now, which discourages me from trying (I have the same problem with painting which I enjoy but cannot bring myself to do alone). I'm also a meticulous editor and proof-reader and tend to obsess over small details. I'm trying to teach myself to just write, and to worry about the small things later. It's a work in progress.

I intend to start up a home-based editing business, as my husband moves around for work a lot and it's hard for me to maintain a career. I need to practice editing and copy-editing works of all kind, so please don't hesitate to ask me for some help. (I did the read the rules, and understand that advertising is not allowed--hopefully this doesn't violate that rule! Admins please let me know if I'm ever in the wrong. I came straight from reading the rules to posting here so I'm not yet familiar with the ways of the forum.)

Anyway, I am looking forward to writing and reading, being inspired and instructed, and overall getting to know everyone and having a good time!