Tags:
  1. Majik Star

Majik Star New Member

The End?

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Majik Star, Jun 9, 2009.

I need help. I can't think of an ending for a (possible) book (or series of books) that I am planning to write. :confused: I would greatly appreciate ideas for what I could do with it. Here's a short synopsis:

Lorenna Stevens is an ordinary girl, living in the inner suburbia of London. Her life is the normal life of a fourteen-year-old girl, until the day she moves away from her life-long hometown, far into the wild moors of England. When she and her parents first see the house, she hates it. They soon move in, and on the first night living in the strange new house, Lorenna is lying on her bed, when she looks out of her window. Instead of seeing the bland moor that she already hates, she sees a world of pure beauty, a world with creatures very similar to human, but with higher intellectual knowledge of the universe, and the seven sister worlds to Earth. Lorenna finds she is already known by the slightly primitive creatures, who are, nevertheless, beautiful. The people send her straight to the High Commander, (Kind of like a king) and she nervously goes only to find that she is equal to the High Commander and his son, who takes an immediate liking to her. Lorenna enjoys spending time in the peculiar utopia with the High Commanders son, Brad, and she returns to his world every night after school, and during the weekend she spends all her time there ("real life" is getting turmoil all the while). During a perfectly "normal" day, a terrible plague sweeps across the land. A plague that the creatures see many a time, and are completely immune to. Lorenna, however, being only human, grows deadly sick, and does not have the strength to return to her "world", as she is first attacked by the symptoms in the middle of her maths class, with bouts of breathlessness and a fever-like temperature. She grows sicker and sicker, and worse and worse, she is suffering an incredible pain, and while she is slowly dieing, the world outside her window fades, and dies with her. An unknown peculiarity of this plague sickness, is that it consumes the mind, and Lorenna can't help always telling truth. Her mother asks her what she has been doing, and where she has been to get so sick, and, of course, Lorenna bursts out with everything about her world and the High Commander's son and the wonderful intellect and beauty of the worlds inhabitants. Her mother thinks that she is crazy, and she is immediately taken into intensive care.

This is where I cant think of anything... I have no idea what happens next, so I need some help and advice... I was thinking that while the plague sickness is making her suffer a seizure, she is going through that electric shock thing they do to people who see things that aren't really there? Maybe a bit gruesome... :eek: maybe not the seizure. But there kinda "has to be" a sad bit then it turns happy and then "the end".

Or maybe she can die? I have no idea. :(

2. OrdinaryJoe

OrdinaryJoe Active Member

Well, if she was dying from some unknown illness she would be quarantined to keep it from spreading. If you want to add a twist you could always have some of the inhabitants of the other world come here to look for / save her. They could then supply her with a cure or take her to their world forever.

3. dagda24

dagda24 New Member

Fever Hullicinations

I'm guessing that her mother and the doctors are going to think the "hallucinations" are due to fever, so it's unlikely they would shock her.

Perhaps, similar to the above suggestion, when she begins fitting it symbolises the break down of not only her mind, but also of the walls between the different worlds. So rather than the other world dying, or breaking off from ours, the two worlds become merging and competing for dominance. The only solution being for a cure to be found for your MC.

4. Majik Star

Majik Star New Member

Hmm, yeah I guess the quarantine is a good one... and I was thinking of the wall between the two worlds shattering when they figure out a cure and break through to give it to her? Then what happens she gets better the end then a sequel? Hey... that could work... thanks for the ideas. After this I might just need to think of a plot for a sequel of the two worlds fully connected. Maybe dwell a bit more on Lorenna + Brad.