Nostrimundi: The Immortal's Fang

Discussion in 'Archive' started by SilverAngel, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Exzalia

Exzalia Banned Contributor

"Stealing is a demon's job. Not a job for a younging such as you."

"Tell that to the nobles and kings, they steal all the time yet no one bats an eyelash. Sure it's not the standard way of stealing but over taxing peasants is stealing non the less. So if they can do it why can't I?"

Volten siad this perfound statment with great mischieve and trickery in his voice. "And why does it matter to you old guy?"

2. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

Averic

"And why does it matter to you old guy?" The kid smarted back.
    Averic chuckled at his spunk but shook his sadly at the thought of the path this youngin was headed down.
    "It matters because I have met many a young man like you. Who thought simply because their elders were mistreating others, and stealing from them, they could as well. Then when these young men turn into elders, boys like you look up to them and continue the cycle. But what if young men like you stopped using tyrants as their role models, and instead looked to the knights of old who helped innocent and defended the defenseless? Would there now be peasents? Would there still be taxes that are no better than stealing?"
    Averic didn't expect an answer. But hopefully his words would make the child think.

3. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

London

"It matters because I have met many a young man like you. Who thought simply because their elders were mistreating others, and stealing from them, they could as well. Then when these young men turn into elders, boys like you look up to them and continue the cycle. But what if young men like you stopped using tyrants as their role models, and instead looked to the knights of old who helped innocent and defended the defenseless? Would there now be peasents? Would there still be taxes that are no better than stealing?"

"Yeeeah, thats nice and all, but I don't see how that helps me old man. Honestly, I could give a flying rat liver about the tyrants and knights. I look out for me and so far it's worked out pretty well. So, if you don't know what this little thing is, or want to buy it, I think I'll be on my way. I told a pile of scrap metal that I'd be back. It owes me money." London said then started sauntering away. But not before 'accidentally' knocking into sparky. "Oh, sorry, didn't see you there." He said as he swiped a couple of coins from the kid's pocket.

"Happy trails brave wanderers! Happy trails!"

4. SilverAngel

SilverAngel New Member

Marketplace Brawl

Igneaus watched the crowd move about their daily business, it was a sight that he had watched every day from the windows of his study. He smiled sorrowfully, knowing that scenes like this were becoming scarce as the war had grown in magnitude. He watched as a pair of thieves chased each other around, competing for a trinket. Igneaus grinned, imagining what they must be saying to each other. He let out a soft laugh as the shorter of the two let out a zap of electricity as the other thief grabbed him by the tail. Igneaus sighed, for he would miss peaceful days like this. Nearby, a female Mystic was selling exotic beasts.

"We've got some great specimens here!" she shouted into the crowd, "Animals of every shape and size! Get striped horses to travel by, or flying fish to carry you! Any animal you can think of and to your heart's content!"

In one darkened cage, a loud growling drew the attention of a young Fiend girl. She tried to look into it, but it was too dark to see anything. Spotting her, Igneaus frowned. Fiends weren't evil, but they were notorious for their curiosity and mischievousness. A sly grin grew on the girl's face as she silently undid the latch on the cage. Without warning, the door burst open as several beasts forced their way out, slamming the girl out of their way. The crowd screamed in panic and hurried out of the way of the monsters as they growled and snarled at bystanders. The beasts were large and ape-like, with large, beetle wings and matching pincers on their faces. They had sharp claws on their knuckles, and a scorpion tail jutted out from their backs. They edged menacingly towards the slowly escaping crowd.

"RUN!" Igneaus shouted at the crowd, unable to reach the beasts past the wave of bodies trying to get away.

5. Pheonix

London

"RUN!"

London had just walked into the town square when he saw the creatures bursting out. "Oh..." One of them bowled over a merchants stand. "This is just not my day..." London said as they creatures started ripping stuff up. He couldn't sell anything if the town was in a state of panic. "Well, here goes." He rushed at the closest beetle monkey. It swung at him but he dodged then leapt at it, locking his claw into it's back and using his corrode ability to oxidize it's blood.

"Eat rust!"

When he landed the other was swinging at him. It's powerful arm collided with his abdomen, but his Steel Skin ability kicked in and lessened the blow. He still got knocked back into a stand though.

"Keep your hands off me you damn dirty ape!" He shouted as he extricated himself from a pile of carpets.

6. Exzalia

Exzalia Banned Contributor

"I could help contain the um...furry bugs. Or I can use this opportunity to swipe some stuff...swiping it is!" Volten jumped down and began going around taking little trinkets and coin during the ensuing chaos. Soon he noticed that other man fighting one of the, um buggy apes. I should help, he thought.

Volten dashed forward and carefully, swiped four coins out of Londons pocket.

"Help myself to his gold that is, Muhahahahaha! Wait a minute..."
    Volten expected the gold carefully.

"Hey! this was my gold, I shouldn't have to steal back gold I stole from somebody else, it ain't right."

London was in a life and death struggle when he heard a nagging voice sound behind him.

"What's the big idea? stealing already stolen gold?"

7. lixAxil

lixAxil Self-Proclaimed Senator of the RPG subforum. Contributor

People started running for some reason, this confused Nathalia and also enhanced her already boiled anger.

What the f*** I'm just looking for a job and suddenly people start running???

Nathalia was a peculiar Esper as she always let her be too controled by her emotions.

I'm just a teenager girl with a dream, wanna have some money, travel, meet a boyfriend, and have a great life... But no!! something always get in my way

People run around the angered Nathalia and following them one of the monsters that ignited this panic, it almost tackled Nathalia however the beast was suddenly pushed by a psychic force from the girl whose eyes emanated fury.

"Get the f*** out, I'm not in a good mood today" said... or well thought Nathalia while the beast crushed in one of the many stores of the commerce.

It was just like reading or watching Carrie, but with an immature brat who know how to use her powers.

8. Pheonix

London

"What's the big idea? stealing already stolen gold?"

"Oh not you again!" He said as he stopped a furry/scaly paw with his metal arm then sent the gorilla sprawling with a kick. "Give it back!"

Just then the other gorilla beetle thing went sailing across the square and there was an odd girl with glowing eyes who looked pissed. London turned to Volten. "Um... Do you have any clue what the hell is going on here?" The gorilla behind him was getting up and charging again. He kicked it in the jaw and it went down with a thud. "I mean, all I wanted to do was get some dinner, maybe peruse the local brothels..." He shrugged, "But no, first a talking pile of scrap takes my gold, then you take my thingy, then gorrillas attack... This is too much." London said, shaking his head. "Just to much."

9. SilverAngel

SilverAngel New Member

Bernadette

As the Apians attacked the crowd, one little Anima Gikkan continued to walk calmly, oblivious to the chaos surrounding her.

"Excuse me, pardon me, sorry!" she excused herself as she squeezed through.

One of the Apians caught sight of her and roared, before lunging for the kill. At the last second, Bernadette caught sight of the beast and slid out of the way. She sighed as it charged at her again.

"I really can't catch a break, can I?" she moaned as she unzipped her mouth. A dark fog began to billow from her mouth, covering herself and the beast. Confused, the Apian sniffed the air,searching for her scent. It let out a cry of fear as a spot on its fur began to chill. Bernadette dodged the beast's stinger as it struck out at her, causing it to sting itself. The Apian cried out in pain, then unlodged its tail from its back and yelped again. It began to swing its fists wildly at the Gikkan it couldn't see. A gasp of pain escaped Bernadette's mouth as the Apian managed a hit on her. She rubbed her sore shoulder as the beast tried to warm up its numbed fist.

"This might be a little more then I bargained for," she grumbled.

10. Love to Write

Averic

The screams of terrified people distracted Averic from the young theif. He sprinted into the middle of the town and drew his sword at the sight of the Apians. One had a young girl trapped between it's feet. It raised a claw ready to skewer her. Averic let out a war cry distracting the ape-like beast from the child. Swinging his sword he caught the beast in the neck drawing blood.
    "Run child!" He called. As the child ran he smiled at the creature. "Come. Meet your maker!"

11. Crumpets

Crumpets Senior Member

Triversum

"Come. Meet your maker!"

Triversum was more puzzled by the new man's statement than the sudden mayhem. Walking up to the shorter Gikkan, it inquired, "Would the man be guiding these creatures to their maker, or is the man claiming to be the maker?" The man does not resemble the maker, lest the maker be in diguise. What a strange statement, indeed.

12. lixAxil

Still filled with the anger of a rebel and immature teenager, Nathalia walked through the market determinated to find a good employer even in the middle of this chaos.
    Another beast stood in front of her, yet this time Nathalia didn't push it with telekinesis, instead just stared at the beast with those angry eyes of her, just that was enough to make the beast run away on fear. Not because Nathalia was particulary strong, but because even the beast felt that it wasn't a good idea to bother an angry teenager like her.

13. Love to Write

Averic

Averic cast Light Orbs sending 3 balls of heat and light into the Apians face. The creature growled in confusion, swiping at the burning orbs. While it was distracted Averic plunged his sword into it's heart. The Apian collapsed and Averic removed his sword, wiping the blood off on the hair body.
    "Would the man be guiding these creatures to their maker, or is the man claiming to be the maker?"
    Averic turned to see a metal-human like creature standing before him. "Ah...it's a figure of speech. It basically means, "Come here so I can send your soul sent back to your god" or basically kill him." Averic chuckled. He'd never had to explain the statement before and now that he was saying it out loud it seemed like a silly thing to say.

14. SilverAngel

SilverAngel New Member

Bernadette flicked an arm out to the side, causing an over sized sewing needle to shoot through the fabric. She caught it and held a hand through the needle's eye, wielding it like a rapier. She turned her eerie gaze on the Apian, her mouth zipping back up by itself. The beast recoiled in terror.

"You wanted to court death," she hissed, coldly, "then so be it."

She lunged forward, her needle piercing flesh and sinew before reaching the Apian's heart. The beast shuddered, giving a squeal of pain, before collapsing on its back. The needle retracted into Bernadette's arm as she left the fog, turning to find out how things were going. Outside of her little area, she discovered that there were still numerous Apians left. She ran over to the nearest group of fighters and joined the fray.

"Need any help?" she asked a tall Lux Gikkan, fighting off the beasts with a sword.

15. Love to Write

Averic

Averic jumped to the side as another Apian stabbed it's tail toward his head. "Need any help?" Some sort of Gikkan in a doll suit said. He was distracted for a moment, she was such a strange looking thing. A growl from Apian brought him back to the battle just in time to see the creature raise a heavy pincer and shove it towards him. With no time to dodge Averic cast Light Sheild. The pincer jabbed into the sheild and the Apian let out a shrieking scream, pulling away a half-melted pincer.
    "Sure. Just don't put yourself in any unnecessary danger."

16. JJ_Maxx

JJ_Maxx Banned

Jonah Savore

The satchel on Jonah's back seemed extra heavy today. He sat at a wooden counter at one of Dulltins fine drinking establishments, and by 'fine', he meant seedy and barely-lit.

Jonah had been staring into his cup of ale, running his black fingers around the rim, causing the ale to turn black and bubble a little. This had no effect on the bitterness of the ale.

Dulltin's finest ale huh? He thought to himself. The sooner I can get some coin and get out of this place, the better.

He took a swig of the ale and winced.

Horrible.

Just then a group of people broke through the door, screaming something about monkeys attacking. They ran through the place and toward the back door as Jonah saw more people behind them, running toward the safety of the building. Jonah stood up and walked out the door, pushing people out of the way. He saw a bunch of ape-like creatures causing havoc in the marketplace. One of the creatures had already been killed and there appeared to be a small group trying to fend off the creatures.

Well, maybe I'll get some sort of reward out of this... He thought, walking toward the group.

With the cup of bitter ale still in his hand, he walked up to a man with a sword and what seemed to be a re-animated doll with a large sewing needle. He smiled and lifted his cup to them.

"Swords, needles, magic... Just give them some of the local ale and I'm pretty sure they will kill themselves," he said as he rolled up his sleeves. His black fingers began to glow as he set his cup down on the nearby platform.

17. Crumpets

Crumpets Senior Member

Triversum

"Swords, needles, magic... Just give them some of the local ale and I'm pretty sure they will kill themselves,"

"What is so special with the local ale that would cause them to kill themselves? Are they all enchanted in such a way tha- was that a 'figure of speech' as well?" Triversum was genuinely confused. Social interaction appears to be excessively convoluted, yet somehow rewarding. It must engage in such interactions more often.

18. JJ_Maxx

JJ_Maxx Banned

Jonah

"What is so special with the local ale that would cause them to kill themselves? Are they all enchanted in such a way tha- was that a 'figure of speech' as well?"

Jonah noticed a Calx nearby that he had previously thought was a lamp post. He could tell he was older, but seemed to have great control over his parts. He had seen Calx's like this before, but none with such control. Still, Joel wasn't in the mood to be watching his back for sharp metal debris.

"Hey old-timer," Joel said as he focused his energy on one of the beasts. "You sure you wanna get involved in this? Must be some rust around the edges there somewhere." He laughed.

19. Pheonix

Will

"What is so special with the local ale that would cause them to kill themselves? Are they all enchanted in such a way tha- was that a 'figure of speech' as well?" London was thrown across the field by one of the apians, right at the feet of the talking, now walking, scrap pile.

"Hey! Scrappy old pal! How ya been! Told you I'd be back right!" Then to the grungy looking newcomer, "Yeah, the beer here is pretty terrible unless you go to the nicer places... but they cost gold..." He sat on the ground for a moment as an Apian rushed past, "And everyone seems to be taking my gold today." He grabbed the things leg, digging in with his claws, then pivoted, setting his metal leg and hurling the creature into a pillar. "Stupid ape bug! How'd you like that!"

20. SilverAngel

SilverAngel New Member

Bernadette

"It must be nice to be able to drink ale and wine," Bernadette groused, "The stuff just soaks into me and makes me more flammable." She extracted her needle-sword just in time to stab a passing Apian in the arm and, with some quick handiwork and precision, sew it to the Apian's side, rendering it useless. "Some way to spend the last day of the annual Springtime, Mersavi Festival. I had been hoping to mend my stitches before getting into another fight, but it looks like fate had other plans. So what brings the rest of you to our humble town, today?"

21. Crumpets

Crumpets Senior Member

Triversum

"You sure you wanna get involved in this? Must be some rust around the edges there somewhere."

"Is that also a figure of speech?" Such extensive communication is proving to be more difficult than previously expected. Triversum plunged a blade through the Apian which the Umbrae was fighting it, impaling the creature and pinning it against the ground. "If so, then it is unsure of how to answer. If not, then it does not pay much attention to the condition of its tools, but it has nonetheless noticed no difference in functionality due to oxidation." This is why it never tries to interact with organics. They are so bizarre.

22. JJ_Maxx

JJ_Maxx Banned

Jonah

"...So what brings the rest of you to our humble town, today?"

Jonah focused on one of the Apians and caused it to squeal madly and climb up the nearest tree, running for it's life. The creature lost it's grip near the top and slammed to the ground, unconscious.

"Listen stitches," he said, dodging an Apian that had it's arm tied to it's side. "...you think now's the best time to be sharing our life goals?"

Jonah landed on the ground next to the metal man. The man looked at Jonah, or at least he thinks the man looked at him.

"Is that also a figure of speech?" The man said, harpooning another Apian. He sounded quizzical and confused. Jonah smiled and shook his head.

"Hey old-timer, can't you use some of that old Calx magic and shut dollface's zipper for me?" Jonah smiled wryly and looked at the girl. "What? I'm kidding!" He said, hopping up onto the platform for a better view.

23. SilverAngel

SilverAngel New Member

Bernadette

"Listen, Stitches, you think now's the best time to be sharing our life goals?"

Bernadette turned, fixing the eerie stare of her large, button eyes on Jonah.

"Hey old-timer, can't you use some of that old Calx magic and shut dollface's zipper for me?" Jonah smiled wryly and looked at the girl. "What? I'm kidding!" He said, hopping up onto the platform for a better view.

Bernadette leapt behind him and placed one of her "hands" on his shoulder, sending chills into him.

"The zipper isn't actually my mouth," she whispered into his ear in a creepy fashion as only an Anima Gikkan knew how, "This thing you call my body is no more than a vessel to shield me from the sun. And it is better to talk now then die, than it is to not talk and end up dying without having ever spoken."

She punctuated her point by reaching under his arm to stab an Apian charging at them. She breathed a small bit of fog on him as she whispered in his ear again, "Don't be so quick to judge, Umbrae."

24. JJ_Maxx

JJ_Maxx Banned

"The zipper isn't actually my mouth. This thing you call my body is no more than a vessel to shield me from the sun. And it is better to talk now then die, than it is to not talk and end up dying without having ever spoken."

The Anima had jumped behind Jonah, and he felt a chill creep down his spine. Anima Gikkans always gave him the creeps. This one was no different. She stabbed an Apian that was charging him, and he found himself swirling in some kind of mist.

"Don't be so quick to judge, Umbrae." she said. Jonah furrowed his brow and turned around to face her, but was interrupted by a pair of Apians rushing toward the platform.

Jonah noticed the clouds had blocked out the sun momentarily. He shoved her aside and crouched down as his finger began to glow, the veins in his arms reacted the same way and just as the two Apians were about to crush him, he lept to his feet and raised his arms towards the beasts.

"ENOUGH!" His voice boomed. His eyes glowed a bright blue. Both creatures stopped inches from his hands. Jonah backed away slowly, a fierce concentration on his face. When he was clear from between the Apians, he brought his hands together and like a bolt of lightning, the creatures ferociously attacked each other. After a few minutes, they both lie motionless on the platform and Jonah collapsed to the ground. His breathing was heavy as he propped himself up onto his elbows. He looked at the others and smiled as the glow faded from his eyes.

"Well," he said retrieving the nearby cup of ale and taking a long drink. "I didn't see this coming when I woke up this morning..."

25. lixAxil

Get outta of my f****** side!!! mentally screamed Nathalia while being surrounded by Apians, Apparently the scared one called its buddies.

Heeeeey!!! Someone help me here!!!! screamed directly to any mind of any nearby person

I'm from the Eleantoire family!!!! they can give you a good recompense!!!! just move that lazy body!!!
    continued to mentally scream the girl.