Nostrimundi: The Immortal's Fang

Discussion in 'Archive' started by SilverAngel, Oct 27, 2012.

1. SilverAngel

SilverAngel New Member

Oddly enough, Bernadette heard someone shouting for help in the middle of the Apians. Though their numbers were quickly thinning, the few left were enough to cause serious trouble if left alone. Rushing to the source of the call as fast as her cloth legs could carry her, she reached the center and found a young Esper fighting off the majority of the surviving beasts.

"Need a hand?" Bernadette asked as she stabbed at an Apian with her needle.

2. lixAxil

lixAxil Self-Proclaimed Senator of the RPG subforum. Contributor

Reinforcements appeared
    Using telepathy Nathalia communicated to the woman that appeared

It was about time!!, my dress is all filled with the dirt of these things!! Hurry up!! I got stuff to do you know?

3. SilverAngel

SilverAngel New Member

Bernadette sighed at the Esper's impatience.

"Let me guess, you're somewhere near your seventeenth cycle, right?" She asked Nathalia, sarcastically, "Trust me, I'd rather be doing anything than this right now."

Exhaling a large amount of fog, Bernadette closed in on a pair of Apians.

4. lixAxil

Seventeen and a half!!!!! screamed the girl with her mind

5. SilverAngel

SilverAngel New Member

Bernadette stifled a giggle as she heard Nathalia's response.

Seventeen and a half!!!!! screamed the girl with her mind

Bernadette let out a chilling laugh as she held off an Apian, "that's better than me, I only just hit my sixteenth cycle, so that makes you an old woman!"

6. lixAxil

"that's better than me, I only just hit my sixteenth cycle, so that makes you an old woman!"

The eyes of Nathalia opened showing a clear disgust

Do you even know who're you talking with???, I'm Nathalia Eleantoire from the Eleantoire family one of the families with the biggest influence on this country!!, of course you know who are them!!!!!

7. SilverAngel

SilverAngel New Member

Alexis shrugged, "I actually didn't know who you were, Nathalia, but neither did I care. However, to keep things formal, I'm Bernadette Tertia, and I was the child of the Lux family that used to live in the mansion at the edge of town; I was the one who died at birth."

Bernadette turned to Nathalia and flashed a creepy grin with her zipper mouth.

8. JJ_Maxx

JJ_Maxx Banned

Jonah took another swig of his drinks as he watched the Anima and the Esper fight the last few Apians, and apparently having a one-way conversation. The Esper had a yellow dress on and looked more out of place than stitches, if that was possible.

"Ladies!" Jonah said jumping off the platform and walking up to them slowly. "I don't suppose you too could finish this up sometime today perhaps? I swear, I could have gotten reinforcements from Pourgani at this point." He noticed his cup was empty and threw it on the ground, annoyed. "I mean," he said, looking at the Esper fending off an Apian. "We wouldn't want you to rip your pretty little dress. But then again, we do have our very own tailor here, right stitches? I mean, I'm sure you could handle a little patch job..." He smiled and helped the Esper fend off a charging Apian. "So what's your story, princess? Daddy let you out of the castle for a little exercise, did he?"

See? This is what you get when you have peril in public places. He thought to himself. Everybody wants to be a hero...

9. Exzalia

Exzalia Banned Contributor

Well volten certainly didn't care about being a hero, during the chaos he ust swiped as much as he could.
    Do you even know who're you talking with???, I'm Nathalia Eleantoire from the Eleantoire family one of the families with the biggest influence on this country!!, of course you know who are them!!!!!

And now he was going to swipe some more.

"Ahhh, noblemen, she oughta have some goodies."

Causally walking by, while they were busy arguing Volten plucked something from he pocket with his tail. He did it with such ease and grace she didn't feel a thing.

10. SilverAngel

SilverAngel New Member

Igneaus

With the majority of the crowd having left, and the last of the Apians being taken care of by the remaining Gikkan, Igneaus strided towards the group, a bit of a spring in his step as he approached them. A loose Apian snarled, lunging at the Igni, only to leap back in fear as a large blue flame lit up in front of it. Igneaus simply walked through the fire and stepped around the Apian as he continued towards the group.

11. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

Averic

Averic helped slay the last of the Apians, and walked over to the small group that had gathered. He watched the young theif, he had been talking to earlier, grab something out of the pocket of a young gikkan in a yellow dress. He sighed sadly. Apparently he had heard nothing Averic had said. Averic stepped in front of the boy as he casually began walking away with his prize. "I don't believe we've been properly introduced, young man." Averic said with a smile. "I'm Averic Pallos."

12. SilverAngel

SilverAngel New Member

Igneaus - Do I have your Attention?

Igneaus gave a wide grin as he reached the group, the last of the Apians having been slain. The market had begun to fill back up as merchants and locals started to return. Igneaus looked over the group then gave a smile and bowed.

"That was quite the show, you lot put on just a moment ago. Are any of you from around these parts?"

Bernadette looked the Gikkan over with scrutiny, her zipper curling into a frown.

"Suppose we are, what would that mean for you?" she replied, tersely.

Igneaus chuckled at the rude demeanor of the Anima, then bowed for a second time.

"My name is Igneaus, and I've been searching for a group such as you people, who are capable of accompanying me on a little trip," he responded, politely, "if any of you might consider my offer, I offer gernerous compensation for your time, as well as a once in a lifetime chance. Are any of you interested in hearing me out?"

13. Exzalia

Exzalia Banned Contributor

"Volten, Volten the lightning thief!" He spun then pointed his thumb to his back striking an arrogant pose. You've probably heard of me, and please, save your applause."

14. Love to Write

Averic

Averic shook his head and was about to respond when they were interrupted.
    "My name is Igneaus, and I've been searching for a group such as you people, who are capable of accompanying me on a little trip," he responded, politely, "if any of you might consider my offer, I offer gernerous compensation for your time, as well as a once in a lifetime chance. Are any of you interested in hearing me out?"

"If the cause is noble and just I will hear you out. But I need no compensation."

15. JJ_Maxx

JJ_Maxx Banned

Jonah

He could tell that Igneaus was a scholar, by the way he spoke and the way he carried himself. Jonah looked at the group and then back at Igneaus.

"This group?" Jonah laughed. "You really think that's a good idea? I mean, yeah if you're looking to start a pretty sweet traveling band of minstrels, they got a good look, but they only took out a few Apians. Heck, that's not too hard."

Jonah wasn't about to share his cut. He walked over and put his arm around Igneaus, turning him away from the group and whispering to him.

"Look, Igneaus, trust me, you don't want these guys, they will just weigh you down," he whispered, looking back at the metal man that was now a few pieces of metal laying on the ground. "...some more than others. I'll come with you myself and I can assure you that you'll have no problems along the way. Besides I know Guildus, Maverik and Pourgani areas. I can easily get you where you need to go." Jonah glanced back at the group and continued whispering. "So what kind of compensation we talking here?"

Just then, the Gikkan with the sword, Averic, spoke up.

"If the cause is noble and just I will hear you out. But I need no compensation."

Jonah turned around and looked at Averic.

"Perfect!" He said turning back to Igneaus. "Listen, if you bring him, I get his cut, okay?" He plastered on a large fake smile to the rest of the group...

16. SilverAngel

SilverAngel New Member

Igneaus - Offer

Igneaus gave Jonah an amused look, giving a slight chuckle.

"How very, considerate, of you," he replied, "but my destination is neither Guildus, Maverik, or Porguani. I intend to journey to one of the many unmapped regions of the Badlands, as well as the Freeze. And as I have learned many times, there is strength in numbers. As for the compensation, I happen to have considerable amounts of funding from the Merchant's Council, that provides for an overly generous payment of gold to all involved. Not to mention, that we shall be investigating many uncharted ruins that may posses any number of priceless valuables and artifacts. Since the goal of my journey is to obtain only one specific item, I am willing to turn a blind eye to any other objects that happen to catch any of your interests." Then, addressing Averic, Igneaus continued, "As for a just cause, how does a quick end to the war sound to you? The object I am searching for would quickly end the feud between nations without any additional bloodshed."

17. Love to Write

Averic

"As for a just cause, how does a quick end to the war sound to you? The object I am searching for would quickly end the feud between nations without any additional bloodshed."
    Averic sheathed his sword. "And what might this object be?"

18. SilverAngel

SilverAngel New Member

Averic sheathed his sword. "And what might this object be?"

Igneaus shook his head, sighing, "Sadly, I cannot speak of it here, for information on its whereabouts has already been stolen from me. I can, however, tell you more as we travel."

19. lixAxil

The minds of Igneaus and the rest suddenly was interrupted by Nathalia's telepathy, that walked through the place, as if it were to be some stage and she some kind of star.

Greetings uuum, Mister. I've heard you're offering a job to travel to an unknown land?. Now that sounds exciting.
    I'm Nathalia Eleantoire, from the Eleantoire family, one of the richest and more influential families of this country... Of course you had heard of them.
    I made a bet with my old brother... and here I am, looking for a job on the low streets of this city, but mind me not I can be useful I guarantee that to you. We from the Eleantoire family are trained in case of danger.
    Said.. or thought while fixing her long black hair.
    Her red eyes fixed on Igneaus's ones and she said

I know you're dying to get such important person on your team. But before begging me to be with you, let's talk about my payment.
    Yeah I have a lot of money, but the bet included that I must recollect money from a job, and I'm no cheater. I'm too important to be cheating on a child's game.
    So how much do you offer? Hurry up and tell me Mister.

20. SilverAngel

SilverAngel New Member

Igneaus grinned as Nathalia finished "speaking" to him.

"Ah," he sighed, "Yes, I know you, Ms. Eleantoire, for as I'm sure you remember, your family has funded many of my expeditions and owned most of my greatest finds. Not to mention that your father helped me get my job, and that we attended school together for the briefest of periods until he surpassed me and everyone else in the school, as did your mother. But your value lies not in your family's prominence or wealth, but in your abilities. An Esper will be incredibly handy on this journey, so, yes, I would like for you to join us. As I said before, payment includes a large sum of gold, which was promised at a minimum of a hundred pounds per person, with an additional amount depending on if we succeed or not. In addition, since we only require one artifact to complete our journey, any others that we find are up for grabs. The choice is yours, and I won't beg, but each of you is invaluable to this outing, and I need as much help as I can get."

21. lixAxil

Nathalia fixed her hair on an arrogant way.
    Then she produced a wallet and checked on it, she removed a paper and a pencil and wrote something on the paper.
    She then come close to Igneaus and gave to him the paper.

That's a legal voucher for one thousand golds. You'll pay me with that, but I don't really expect you to spend your money useless in someone who doesn't need it, so you pay me with my present. I'm not here for the money but to show that talker who is a coward!!!

22. SilverAngel

SilverAngel New Member

Igneaus shrugged as he accepted Nathalia's gift.

"Very well than," he replied, "I do thank you for deciding to accompany us, and I'm certain that your brother will regret betting against you."

Bernadette commented sarcastically, "Yes, because sucking up to the daughter of your benefactor is totally the way to stop a war."

"Ah, and you would be?" Igneaus asked, intrigued by the Anima standing with her arms crossed.

"My name is Bernadette Tertia," she replied, tersely, "And I'm signing up for this quest."

Igneaus grinned, his sharp teeth gleaming in the sun.

"How kind of you to join us," he replied, "now can I count the rest of you in?"

23. lixAxil

Nathalia got close to Bernadette as soon as she appeared

Uuuum, thanks for helping me out there.
    She blushed a bit, yet she suddenly continued
    But hear that I was educated to thank people, this is just cortesy.
    And also that zipper is the worst halloween costume I've ever seen.

24. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

London

"Compensation? Generous compensation? Shoot. I'm in!" London said as he pulled himself out of a pile of carpets that he had been thrown into... again. It looked like while he was cozily napping in among the carpets, the Apians had been dealt with. "Is there like something I have to sign or anything like that?" He asked, still slightly dazed. Then he spotted sparky and siddled over to him.

"Hey there. Get anything good?" London held up the previous contents of Volten's pockets, "No, I guess not. You won't mind if I just keep this then right?" He said with a grin fitting for a rouge... which was in fact quite fitting.

25. SilverAngel

SilverAngel New Member

Uuuum, thanks for helping me out there. She blushed a bit, yet she suddenly continued
    But hear that I was educated to thank people, this is just cortesy.
    And also that zipper is the worst halloween costume I've ever seen.

"You think I wear this because I want to?!?" Bernadette fumed, "this is what happens if I don't wear it~"

Bernadette undid the stitching on one of her arms and slid her actual hand out. At first, her hand was petite and as white as clean snow, but the moment the sunlight hit it, her hand instantly became blackened and shriveled, smoke coming off of it as it burned. Bernadette stifled a scream of agony and slid her hand back in, the stitching on her arm redoing itself.

"This costume is the difference between unlife and death for me," she huffed.