Nostrimundi: The Immortal's Fang

Discussion in 'Archive' started by SilverAngel, Oct 27, 2012.

1. lixAxil

lixAxil Self-Proclaimed Senator of the RPG subforum. Contributor

A man suddenly stood in the middle of Nathalia and Igneaus. This made her upset.

Excuse me!!! I was here first!!!. Sigh.. this is why I shouldn't get to close with commoners. said directly to London's mind

The man looked very disordered, the first thought that came to Nathalia's mind was of a poor man desperately for money and food.

She then produced an expensive candy bar very frequent between nobles and offered it to the man

Here, now please go to other place, you're bothering us

2. Exzalia

Exzalia Banned Contributor

"I actually nabbed alot of stuff." volten turned to the man offering the job.
    "I'll join if I get paid, though to be honest I'd join either way, an adventure sounds fun, and I can use the loot to help out someone."

Volten smirked. of course I'm not surprised you'd ask, "The lightning thief!"

Volten struck a cheesy pose again. smirking "Please, hold you applause."

3. SilverAngel

SilverAngel New Member

Igneaus smiled at the group, before addressing them all.

"I presume, then, that you are all in agreement and shall take my offer?" he asked, softly.

4. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

London

Here, now please go to other place, you're bothering us

"Why thank you!" London said, taking the expensive candy. "And as for getting to close to commoners, I am by no means a common man... Oh no. I'm nobility. I am the only member of my kingdom, but does that make me any less noble?" He asked as he tallied how much gold he'd managed to swipe during the day.

5. Exzalia

"No we don't accept your offer...of course we accept let's just get on with it already." Volten said teasingly.

"Bring my that Horizen!"

6. SilverAngel

SilverAngel New Member

Igneaus bowed to the group, smiling, before sweeping his hand off towards the distance.

"Very well, then if you all would please follow me."

The Igni lead the group away from the market to the edge of town where he took them into a large inn. Once inside, he whispered to the inn keeper, placing a small pouch that looked very heavy into their hand. The inn keeper smiled, then lead them upstairs into a massive room that connected to several other rooms and handed Igneaus the key and left. Igneaus locked the door then motioned for everyone to sit at the table set before them.

"For now, we'll stay here and discuss the more intricate details of your job before I take you all out with me," he whispered, "This is all very confidential, so I'm afraid that I can't allow you to back out once I tell you this."

"Get on with it, already," Bernadette growled impatiently.

Igneaus nodded, then proceded, "Are any of you familiar with the Immortals? Averick, as a Lux, I'm sure you pray to at least one Immortal on a regular basis. Now imagine if one of these god-like beings left behind a fragment of their power, something for a mortal to use to change destiny itself. Imagine that kind of power in your hands," he allowed for the mental image to sink in before continuing, "Now imagine if what I just told you were to happen. If an Immortal left behind an artifact that contained some of their essence. It could be used to change the world."

7. Crumpets

Crumpets Senior Member

Triversum

Triversum keenly watched as the man addressed all those who had fought the Apians. Such a journey sounds quite interesting. Perhaps it could learn more of inter-organic interactions from such a trip. As the man led the others away, Triversum followed, surprised that nobody took notice of him. As the group entered and locked a room, Triversum remained outside and collapsed back into a indistinct pile of scrap metal, content to simply listen.

"Now imagine ... I ... were ... an Immortal ... artifact that contained some ... change."

Most strange, yet fascinating. Could the man be a construct by the Immortals themselves? And what ingenuity to use common 'change' as a base material! That must be the reason for the appeal of currencies to organics. Eager to learn more, Triversum carefully raised an arm towards the lock and– *CLICK*. Oops. It must take further care in subtly in the future. Folding neatly back into a haphazard pile of metal, Triversum waited, sure that its foolproof disguise would work.

8. JJ_Maxx

JJ_Maxx Banned

Jonah decided to follow Igneaus to hear him out. It wasn't like he had anything better to do. As fate would have it, Igneaus led them to an inn where he dropped some serious coins to the innkeeper. Before going upstairs Jonah walked up to barmaid and snagged a pint of ale from her.

"Hey!" she yelled. "You gotta pay for that!"

"Easy darling," he said, taking a sip on his way up the stairs. "Talk to your innkeeper and tell him I'm with the lizard group upstairs, he'll take of it." Jonah smiled and winked at her. She stomped away in a huff and he caught up with the group in a large room as Ignaeus locked the door. Joanh sat in a chair in the corner and leaned back in his chair, sipping his ale.

"For now, we'll stay here and discuss the more intricate details of your job before I take you all out with me. This is all very confidential, so I'm afraid that I can't allow you to back out once I tell you this."

Jonah laughed at this proposition, knowing he could leave the room anytime he wanted and this group of misfits wouldn't stop him. Ingeaus continued.

"Are any of you familiar with the Immortals? Averick, as a Lux, I'm sure you pray to at least one Immortal on a regular basis. Now imagine if one of these god-like beings left behind a fragment of their power, something for a mortal to use to change destiny itself. Imagine that kind of power in your hands. Now imagine if what I just told you were to happen. If an Immortal left behind an artifact that contained some of their essence. It could be used to change the world."

"Wait," Jonah said. "So you're going to take all of us to an uncharted and dangerous place, to retrieve an undiscovered powerful artifact that will stop the largest war in the history of the world?" Jonah didn't wait for an answer. "This is crazy. You know that, right? But hey, I'll play along, and worst case scenario maybe I can find a place with some drinkable spirits."

9. SilverAngel

SilverAngel New Member

"Wait," Jonah said. "So you're going to take all of us to an uncharted and dangerous place, to retrieve an undiscovered powerful artifact that will stop the largest war in the history of the world?" Jonah didn't wait for an answer. "This is crazy. You know that, right? But hey, I'll play along, and worst case scenario maybe I can find a place with some drinkable spirits."

"Well, second largest, actually," Igneas corrected him, "but you generally understand what I'm saying. Yes, we are seeking out an ancient artifact refered to in myth as the Anima Fang. Supposedly, it has the power to heal mortal wounds and revive a person from death, but it can also call back the dead in general so it's as much of a curse as it is a blessing. And to make matters worse, we aren't the only ones searching for it."

10. Pheonix

London

"Well, second largest, actually," Igneas corrected him, "but you generally understand what I'm saying. Yes, we are seeking out an ancient artifact refered to in myth as the Anima Fang. Supposedly, it has the power to heal mortal wounds and revive a person from death, but it can also call back the dead in general so it's as much of a curse as it is a blessing. And to make matters worse, we aren't the only ones searching for it."

London was beginning to be interested. War was bad for a thief. "I'm in. I understand... also, there's going to be compensation correct? That was what you said right? Well, then... I'm in!"

11. lixAxil

With clear boredness on her face Nathalia hear those words... then without really thinking she asked.

So we're just following a leyend without a proof?... You must be really desperate to bring someone back from death to do something too foolish. Fine for me anyway,

12. JJ_Maxx

JJ_Maxx Banned

"Well, second largest, actually, but you generally understand what I'm saying. Yes, we are seeking out an ancient artifact referred to in myth as the Anima Fang. Supposedly, it has the power to heal mortal wounds and revive a person from death, but it can also call back the dead in general so it's as much of a curse as it is a blessing. And to make matters worse, we aren't the only ones searching for it."

Jonah stood up and walked over to a bookshelf, pretending to read the titles.

"Alright I'm in," Jonah said. "But I wanna know who we're gonna be up against. When we look over our shoulders, who are we gonna see following us?"

13. SilverAngel

SilverAngel New Member

Igneaus - Discussion

Igneaus sighed at the many responses that he received.

So we're just following a leyend without a proof?... You must be really desperate to bring someone back from death to do something too foolish. Fine for me anyway, Nathalia commented with a look of boredom on her face.

"Actually," Igneaus responded, grinning as her pulled out one of the many notebooks he carried in his bag, "I have . . . well, had, recovered an ancient manuscript from a set of ruins that I helped excavate a few cycles ago, in the Badlands. Within it contained a series of texts that actually described the Anima Fang in use. They all pointed to some uninhabitable region of the Freeze, being the location of where the Anima Fang originates from. And two seasons ago, I actually visited a temple there and found this," he opened the notebook and revealed a rough a etch of what appeared to be a map. "The original copy was stolen a few nights ago, so I only have this a etch to show, but the original supposedly pointed to the location of the Anima Fang itself." He frowned as he put away the notebook, "And trust me, Nathalia, when I say that I have no intention of bringing back the dead. I believe that if someone was meant to come back from the clutches of death, they would have already done so as an Anima. As you can see, Ms. Tercia, here, is a prime example," he finished, gesturing at Bernadette.

"Alright I'm in," Jonah said. "But I wanna know who we're gonna be up against. When we look over our shoulders, who are we gonna see following us?"

"Of that, I cannot be certain," Igneaus sighed, shaking his head, "But I will note that both Porguani and Maverik have been spotted readying ships for a long voyage recently, so it's a safe bet to assume that one or both of them have obtained at least a copy of the map, if it is not just a lone wolf who possesses the map."

14. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

Averic

Averic leaned against the wall smoking on his pipe. As he listed to Igneaus a certian qualm presented itself. When there was a moment of quiet he took the pipe out of his mouth and spoke up.
    "This is quite the gamble you are attempting. Even if such an artifact should exsist...who are we to weild the power of the immortals and shape the world to our liking? Or even to bring people back from the dead, if it does contain such power." He missed his wife and daughter desperately. But death had claimed them. To bring them back with distort the delicate balance of order that this world had.
    Averic should his head. "I have not been deturred from joining you on this journey, but I still have reservations about what you plan to do with this artifact when we find it." He took another draw on his pipe, letting the smoke leak from his mouth slowly before continuing. "Hopefully, the answer to this quandary will be clear once we get there."

15. SilverAngel

SilverAngel New Member

Igneaus turned to Averic and flashed him what was meant to be a reassuring grin, but instead turned out looking preditorial on his reptilian face.

" I understand that it's a gamble, but it will save us. It doesn't just bring back the dearly departed, but has the power to prevent death and heal all wounds to an extent. No, the dead should remain dead, it will be a bargaining chip, used to incite peace, and convince the other nations to stop warring. Once its purpose is served, it shall be placed in a temple devoted to the Immortals, where it rightfully belongs."

Bernadette huffed indignantly at Igneaus, "Not all dead enjoy being dead. Some of us enjoy walking up here."

16. Crumpets

Crumpets Senior Member

Triversum

Suddenly, the door creaked open noisily to reveal the construct, tightly assembled as such to resemble the dimensions of a typical Gikkan. "This one is interested in the quest for such an artifact, yet it also wonders how the man is so sure that an artifact of the Greaters possesses such power."

17. lixAxil

Hey, hey important topic here. When will this.... "quest" start?...

Asked Nathalia

18. SilverAngel

SilverAngel New Member

Hey, hey important topic here. When will this.... "quest" start?...
    Asked Nathalia

"Tomorrow," Igneaus replied, "If you are all able to. We leave at the rising of Sol."

19. Exzalia

"Well it's about! Freaking! Time!"
    And with that Volten bounded away to bed, not that he planned on sleeping.

20. JJ_Maxx

JJ_Maxx Banned

"Tomorrow, if you are all able to. We leave at the rising of Sol."

Jonah sighed and looked out the window. It was getting dark. He turned and faced the group.

"Alright then, we shall see how this..." He swept his arms to the whole room. "...how this group will undertake this journey. If anyone needs me, I'll be downstairs getting ready for the trip by doing what I do best..." He walked through the room and out the door...

21. SilverAngel

SilverAngel New Member

"Tomorrow, if you are all able to. We leave at the rising of Sol."

Bernadette sighed as she left the room and headed for her chanmbers. That morning she had just been out for a routine shopping trip for some essentials, and yet now, here she was about to embark on some journey led by a well-known, yet eccentric, scholar. She entered her room and locked the door, before putting out all the torches and covering the glowstones around her. Then, her mouth unzipped and her costume's face drew back, like a hood. The stitching around her costume's feet and hands undid, essentially turning them into sleeves and pant-holes. She was a beautiful youth, with thick hair cascading down her back. All of her was as white as snow, except for her pale blue eyes, and she gave off a faint light. She began to float a bit, until she went over to her bed and sighed.

"Something tells me that this isn't going to end well," she muttered to herself as she fell fast asleep.

22. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

Averic Pallos

Averic sipped a cup of coffee as he watched Sol rise in the sky. The weather was perfect, proclaiming a beautiful day. However, the thought that there might be a relic out there that could save people, heal them...even bring the back from the dead, end this war; well, the responiblity that came with handleing an artifact of that magnitude would be more than most could bear. He wondered if this Igneaus had what it took.
    People had already begun bustling around the marketplace. Setting up wares, cooking food...the town square looked almost untouched from the Aidin attack the day before. He downed the last drops of coffee, and grabbed his pack and sword. They would be leaving soon and he liked to be punctual.

23. Pheonix

London

London was satisfied with how things were turning out. He was about to embark on an epic quest to save the world. There would be gold, and it was something to do. He had been running out of things to do lately. Life as a thief in the desert was starting to get old. So when London rolled over in the morning, he did so with anticipation of things to come.

"Alright. Let's get this show on the road."

24. SilverAngel

SilverAngel New Member

Bernadette awoke to the scent of burning flesh. She cracked open an eye and watched as the first rays of sunlight came in through a crack in the wall, just barely hitting her foot. She grumbled to herself about the day starting to early, as she pulled in her feet and hands, her clothing rest itching itself. She pulled her hood pack over her head, then rezipped its mouth. Leaving her room, she watched as Igneaus went from door to door, waking up his companions.

"Is it time now?" Bernadette groused to Igneaus as he spotted her.

"Almost," he replied, bowing slightly, "Just as soon as everyone is aroused from their slumber."

25. JJ_Maxx

JJ_Maxx Banned

Jonah sat at a table in the corner of the inn, nursing a cup of ale. He hadn't slept. He could see the faint light of morning streaming through the shutters of the building and heard footsteps upstairs.

It's almost time... He thought, memories of the time in the Freeze stung his mind.

His mind instinctively blocked out the memories and he finished his drink and stood up. Clearing his head, he walked up the stairs and saw Igneaus in the hall, about to knock on his door.

"Don't bother," Jonah said. "I didn't use it. Maybe you could aks the innkeeper for a refund, or use the money to pay for the drinks I had last night." Leaning on the wall, he smiled and massaged the back of his neck with his hand. He saw Bernadette walk out of her room.

"Well, morning stitches." He said. "Sleep well?" His tone was sarcastic and he knew it. He just wanted to leave this town. Earlier this morning he sensed another Umbrae in the area and didn't want to stick around to figure out who it was...