Tags:
  1. orenshved

orenshved Member

Not clear what they mean...

Discussion in 'Traditional Publishing' started by orenshved, Jan 5, 2022.

Hey all, while querying an agent from Ayesha Pande literary, I got to the part in their online form where they ask to describe the project. This is what it says:
    Description of project *
    Pitch/synopsis/summary for your project, this should read like back cover copy/catalogue copy for your book (approximately 1500 words)

What am I missing here? Let's assume (maybe wrongly) that they don't mean a normal query pitch or synopsis (because 1500 words is way longer), but a summary for a back cover copy is definitely not 1500 words... What is it then? Should I spoil the ending? I wouldn't do it in a back cover copy, but I have done it in my synopsis...
    Really confused here... Is there anyone who can shed some light on the matter?

Thanks

Seven Crowns likes this.
  2. Seven Crowns

Seven Crowns Moderator Staff Supporter Contributor Contest Winner 2022

I think by "back cover" they just mean a high-level summary. I don't think they mean the sketchy blurb you'd find there. As soon as they say "synopsis," you go ahead and reveal every plot point.

1500 is a lot. It's basically a 4-page synopsis. It is confusing though, and I'm not totally convinced. I mean, the back cover reveals nothing, so they shouldn't say that and "synopsis" at the same time.

orenshved likes this.
  3. orenshved

orenshved Member

For lack of any other logical option, I tend to agree... :bigconfused: Thanks Seven Crowns

Seven Crowns likes this.