Tags:
  1. Gabriel-learner

Gabriel-learner New Member

Hi there, I'm new and I've read Hamlet.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Gabriel-learner, Nov 8, 2015.

I think it is now obvious to all of you that I hadn't got any interesting, different way to title my post. First things first, I want to introduce myself in a proper, but still simple way. In my country I'm a budding journalist. I write critiques for a journal reviewing theatres' shows and special events in my city. I'm pretty good at that. But, hey, that's the point: I'm very good at writing in my language, but I still need to be more confident with English. Future paths will require a complete knowledge of english writing and I need a place where I can receive comments on how much "english" my works sound. I know this is not a learner's site and I'm not asking for school lessons. I will just sit here, writing a critique or two and trying to understand the point of view of creative writers in this language. But I would also love to discuss literary and writing stuff with all of you. I've got original works too. Tons... I think it will be a good brain-storm.
    By the way, I'm twenty. I'm not afraid to show my name and I won't spam or anything else. I come from Italy.
    I've read lot of things, but my favourite writers are Asimov, Fitzgerald, the italian Italo Calvino and Vittorini and I've got a simpathy for Marquez, Borges and Lehane. I do lot of sport and I love David Bowie's music.
    Gab

2. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Supporter Contributor

Hi, @Gabriel-learner, and welcome to the forum! Please read our New Member Quick Start - it'll get you started. Best of luck!

3. Haze-world

Haze-world Active Member

Hi, I'm sure you will find this a useful site.