1. Aaron Smith

Aaron Smith Banned Contributor

50 Word Stories.

Discussion in 'Word games' started by Aaron Smith, May 20, 2016.

Fifty words. No more, no less. On the spot precisely. That is all I ask for. Everything else is up to you.

Seraph751 and zoupskim like this.
  2. SethLoki

SethLoki Retired Autodidact Contributor

Though the hourglass's waist did Josh drop down, one by one, the grains of the sands of time.
    Made a story detailing his effort; one of a man in an egg timer astride a hole handling granules trying to count to fifty. But alas he only made forty nine.

Seraph751, zoupskim and Cave Troll like this.
  3. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    Walk with me in the moonlight. Tell your tales of good fortune, and things of fancy. The happiness, and the minor setbacks on your journeys. And I will tell you of the tale of an outcast. Of a man who is tortured, of his silent cries of mercy. The End

Seraph751, Brindy and zoupskim like this.
  4. DeadMoon

DeadMoon The light side of the dark side Contributor

The dove flew through the sky above the farm. It smiled at the land animal stuck on the ground unable to feel the wind in their faces. The smile was quick to fade however when an odd smell filled the air. The day had finally come, the pig had flown.

Brindy, Mocheo Timo, zoupskim and 2 others like this.
  5. elynne

elynne Active Member

I've been watching the local mallard duck population explosion avidly this spring. So far, there's been 22 ducklings from 3 mothers, and all of them are still alive and growing. Neighbors feed them regularly, and they troop past under my window several times every day. I miss the coyotes, though.

Seraph751 and zoupskim like this.
  6. zoupskim

zoupskim Contributor Contributor

I was sitting in the company office planning my second gym session when an amorous dragon landed on the parade field and started burning all the Sergeant Major's grass! Luckily, I was the company's designated dragon f-#ker. I stripped my uniform, snapchatting quickly. The gym would have to wait. Rah.

7. I.A. By the Barn

I.A. By the Barn A very lost time traveller Contributor

She went back home, leaving me with roses as red as the anger I was feeling. Her ever flawless body also soon became red. So did the sheets surrounding her. But my tears weren’t and neither were the lights atop the police car. She never wore blue, except with him.

8. newjerseyrunner

newjerseyrunner Contributor Contributor Contest Winner 2022

The mad painter looked up at the night sky, speckled in starry light. The years abusing foxglove and absinthe made it appear as though each were encircled in a dim halo. His weary hands wrapped around the barrel of the gun. The sorrow: it’ll never end. He pulled the trigger.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2016
    Sniam likes this.
  9. Mocheo Timo

Mocheo Timo Senior Member

I found a turtle, named it Flash. I realized Flash started to walk faster and faster, motivated by the name he had been given. One day, I let him stay with my girlfriend. When I came back, Flash seemed to be frozen. Nope, he had exceeded the speed of light.

10. SethLoki

SethLoki Retired Autodidact Contributor

True story? Or... Flash Fiction?*

* actually thinks that may have been your covert intent and
    ...I'm slow on the uptake.

Mocheo Timo and Seraph751 like this.
  11. Wayjor Frippery

Wayjor Frippery Contributor Contributor

Watching England play Wales, tense and subdued, pretending I don’t care – they disappoint, everyone knows. Then my gosh Vardy, after Bale’s corker, not offside. Now Sturridge, piston legs, one-two, tap! tap!! tap!!! I’m mouth-shut screaming – baby’s awake, wife too, siesta ruined. I don’t even like football, neck-veined fist-pumping the air.

matwoolf likes this.
  12. doggiedude

doggiedude Contributor Contributor

Fred sat, legs hung over the dock and into the lake. He watched the water as ripples moved out into ever smaller waves. He thought of Janice. Her beautiful hair, her cute tiny nose, the way she smiled. Fred wondered if the bubbles rising to the surface came from her.

13. Kerilum

Kerilum Active Member

Aaron sat surveying his map while riding his horses through a wide dirt path. He pulled out his watch and was relieved after seeing he had just enough time to get to his wedding.
    After dropping his map, he picked it up and realized it was upside down before then.

14. doggiedude

Steve struggled at the ropes. Pulling, yanking, stretching. His heart pounded in his chest. Time. There wasn’t enough time. He’d never escape! Then his left arm slipped through. He’d be able to get out. How much time was left? The other arm free. Steve stood. “Ta Da” the music played.

Seraph751 likes this.
  15. Seraph751

Seraph751 If I fell down the rabbit hole... Contributor

Chains clinked and clanged as the man fell to the ground, the weight finally pulling him down. Ziel gritted his teeth breathing heavily. Not one to admit defeat, he got back up, the sun-heated chains burning against the numerous wounds all over his body as he pushed forward to freedom.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2016
  16. doggiedude

Daisy stood on the porch with the afternoon sunlight beating down on her sweaty face. She waited for salvation to come down the farm road. When she saw the old rambler rolling along with a swirl of dust in its wake her heart leapt. She ran. Letter opened. Scholarship granted.

17. Mocheo Timo

Mocheo Timo Senior Member

50/50. The girlfriend part is fictional. :cry:

18. doggiedude

Megan poked at the body dubiously and then examined the limbs. She flipped it over and checked the back for damage. The girl looked twenty-five. “Are you sure?”

Greg grinned. “Oh. Definitely.”

Megan still wasn’t sure but agreed. It was his birthday. “Okay. Go ahead and download me into her.”