1. LordKyleOfEarth

LordKyleOfEarth Contributor Contributor

Sooo pissed off....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by LordKyleOfEarth, Jun 27, 2009.

I went tubing today and at the top of the tube chute some ____ing fat assed redneck accused me of talking to his fat wife and then punched me in the face. His 17 year old (ish) friend then shoved me down the chute and they all ran away. my front tooth is chipped. I am beyond pissed off. I feel like killing someone.

Why the ____ do you pick a fight and then run the ____ away?

RRRRRrrraaaAAAAAAggggGGGEEEEEEEE!!!!!

2. tbeverley

tbeverley New Member

LOL.

I would love for that to happen to me, then I'd have a great story to tell for years to come.

My teeth are already chipped, green, black, blue, so I personally wouldn't mind having an adjustment.

Kind of like poverty, chipped teeth build character. :)

3. Rei

Rei Contributor Contributor

What is with husbands that are so possessive that they get angry if a man even talks to their wife. Or even imagine that it's happening when it isn't. It's amazing that those men get married in the first place.

4. LordKyleOfEarth

I am so amazingly ****ning angry. I have never been this angry before. I want to drive to san marcos and find the mother****er. I want to kill someone in every serious way that can be interpreted.

5. tbeverley

tbeverley New Member

Chill. Sip some beer. Relax.

Use it as a learning experience: Some people suck, and you can write about how people can achieve not sucking.

6. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

You could always file a police complaint for assault and battery. Who knows, this bunch of buttheads may even be known to them.

7. tbeverley

tbeverley New Member

My experience with the police makes me think they won't care, but will come to your house, irritate you further, then make sure to mention that they don't care, causing further irritation.

In a sense, they make you feel that, if you call the police, you are the criminal.

8. Cogito

There are police like that. There are also police that remember that they are there to serve the public good.

The system can't work for you if you don't work with it.

9. M9A8E6S4TO

M9A8E6S4TO New Member

The amount of pain I'd attempt to bring upon them.

10. starseed

starseed New Member

Don't call the police. You're only asking for more trouble. In my experience, it's better not to get police involved almost all the time. They won't protect you forever and nobody likes a tattletale...

I'm sorry that happened to you. I understand feeling angry, I suggest you channel it into something productive (a long jog, writing, listening to music, art, etc) rather than go seeking revenge. Obviously since they ran away they proved they are pussies and you should have nothing left to prove. Causing more pain won't make your pain or humiliation go away, it only causes more pain.

Just feel the emotion and then let it go and move on with your life.

11. NaCl

NaCl Contributor Contributor

Pushed you down the chute? Was this at an amusement park? If so, you should file a police report and ask to view the park's security tapes. It should be easy to spot the assailant, and if (as I expect) he has a prior history, they will be able to identify him. FYI - bullies who hit and run are usually leaving the scene because they are on probation or have warrants . . . not because they are afraid of you.

It would be sweet revenge to identify him and be present when the cops cart him off to jail.

12. Cogito

What would you suggest instead? Reciprocal assault?

We have police for a reason. They are there to enforce the laws that hold civilization together. It;s not being a tattletale to call them in when someone violates the law and injures you or someone else. It's the responsible thing to do.

You may protect the next person from falling victim to those throwbacks.

I do understand not trusting the police. But I do believe that there is a purpose to te system. The police are part of that system. So are the people with the courage to step up and take appropriate action to uphold the rule of law.

13. tbeverley

tbeverley New Member

It is considered an assault, and perhaps reporting it to the police could give them a heads up to a known criminal they're looking for.

On the other hand, it could amount to the police showing up, having you answer questions for a report that will get lost somewhere, and just feeling generally worse off than before because of that hostile tone police officers take in order to present themselves in an authority-like manner.

The main thing I would do would be to either take it with a grain of salt or attempt to take it as a lesson. For example: The world is in serious disarray and needs some help, and it always will, and you can go out and help it.

As someone once said: "Turn every hate into a love."

14. starseed

starseed New Member

Did you read my post? Not only did I NOT suggest that, but suggested against it...

No, I suggested letting it go. Is it fair? No. But you have to pick your battles in life. I've been through multiple physical attacks/encounters with people and from experience I can say that 90% of the time police involvement does absolutely nothing good. Obviously I'm not telling the OP what to do, he has every right to get the police involved if that's what he feels he should do.. I'm only speaking from experience.

Now, if this were say, a neighbor who was harassing him or there had been multiple violent encounters with this person that would be different. But a one time thing, where he is most likely never to see the person again, the best thing to do, in my opinion, is to just let it go. I've seen people make an issue over something little as this that ended up with both parties going through a hell of a lot more pain than ever would have occurred if the issue had just been dropped and allowed to blow over.

15. Cogito

I don't consider an assault and battery minor. Kyle was attacked by two people and injured as a result.

I believe in taking a stand against crime. It may be inconvenient and frustrating. It may even be fruitless. But if you don't try, you are complicit. By "letting it go", you are saying it is acceptable.

If you don't stand up for law, you cannot complain when law breaks down.

16. starseed

starseed New Member

In an ideal world that would be the case, but in this world, the police do nothing to protect anyone. What you end up with is an even more pissed off jerk who could be the type to believe in revenge.

Just a little example of what I mean, when I was younger my then-fiance was hospitalized after being beat up by a former friend/gangbanger guy that we knew after some situation went bad at their house. In that situation, we both had to lie to the police about what happened when we got to the hospital because if we had reported this guy for assault, he would have KILLED both of us and possibly our families as well. He had many gang affiliations and has killed people before, and been in jail multiple times, the police knew about him and it didn't stop him from severely injuring my fiance.

The justice system is very flawed. Obviously my example was very extreme and I doubt the guy that punched the op was a hardcore criminal murderer but it's one of many example of how the police will do nothing to help really.. unless they want to guard you for the rest of your life.. When I said nobody likes a tattletale I didn't really mean that it would be wrong to tell the police in principle, just that some people live by a very street mentality, and having grown up with that I have learned that if you are going to tell on someone, you better make sure they are going away for life or you better disappear to the other side of the world. To me, although it's unjust, I think sometimes it's better just to let something go rather than suffer the consequences. Hope that makes more sense now.. Good luck to the op, hope you heal up well!

Sorry, I didn't see this post before. I know what you mean, I guess after the system fails you so many times you just get this mentality. I believe in standing up to crime too, but.. I mean.. how are you supposed to feel when you see it over and over?

Another good example. As a teen my best friend got beat nightly by her father. No one would help her. I had to see her come to school every day and show me the bruises and cry to me, sleep over at my house whenever she could. One day, her father complained that she had too much acne and needed to wash her face and they got into a fight. He filled the sink and tortured her by holding her head under the water for extended periods of time. When she told me I broke down, couldn't take it anymore, and started crying to my teacher, who immediately called the police. The police came, it was a big huge fiasco at the school, and then the police brought my friend home to her dad because of "lack of evidence" and he proceeded to not only beat the crap out of her worse than ever before, but he took her out of school and forbid me from ever seeing her again. I didn't see her again until we were in our twenties and she told me he beat her until she finally moved out at 18.

So yeah.. sorry if I have a lack of faith but like I said, its from experiences and I just wouldn't want to see anyone else get hurt more from trying to do the right thing.

17. Cogito

Believe me, I have also seen plenty of police corruption and dereliction of duty. I refuse to accept it, and I refuse to let it fluorish. If the police don't do their job, it is our right, and our duty, to call them on it.

They aren't there to write tickets and beat down minorities. They are there because we pay them to uphold the law. If they don't, we MUST demand accountability.

Even if you don't win, you can stand tall if you make the effort.

18. starseed

starseed New Member

Hell yeah. A lot needs to change about the justice system in general.

19. hiddennovelist

hiddennovelist Contributor Contributor

I agree. Punching someone in the face and pushing them down the chute may not seem like much in comparison to greater crimes, but whose to say the next time that guy gets upset with someone that will be where he stops? Just because some police officers are bad doesn't mean they all are, and personally, I would rather take a chance and try to get help than just assume that no one would be willing to help. That's a very bleak outlook to take.

20. LordKyleOfEarth

It was a tube chute along a river; no security footage I'm afraid. I wanted to get his liscense plate number but was unable to find him after he fled. I chose not to call the police, as I never got a good look at the guy and "Fat, blond, 20-something guy" covers a lot of turf in south Texas.

This river is a destination for all across the region, so there is no telling where he was from; we had driven almost 45 mins to get there ourselves.

Regardless of my feelings towards the police, there was nothing they could do in this case.

21. starseed

starseed New Member

hiddenovelist, I don't think it's really an issue of the police being bad people or corrupt. I don't think that at all, at least not about most police. I just think the system doesn't work. Most of our prisons are overcrowded, hell, one of my friends was sentenced for 100 days and served 6 of those days.. the same thing I see over and over again. I think most police officers are good people who do care at least somewhat about justice, but the system doesn't work. They don't cart people off to jail for something like that. Like he said, there was nothing they could do, and I guarantee had he called them, they would have told him the same thing. Sorry if I came across negative, I really do have a lot of respect for police officers but yeah.. it's just reality in situations like that..

22. Kas

Kas New Member

Kyle, I would probably be too raging mad to post if I were you. That just sucks. There are ***holes everywhere, though. It seems like something like this is bound to happen at some point in our lives.

I've been assaulted on the street late at night before, for no reason at all. Unfortunately the guy did not run, and both of us were pretty messed up when it was over. I relieved him of several teeth and might have blinded one of his eyes after he broke my left arm and tried to bite my fingers off. And the police didn't find him either. . .

In a way you're lucky that he did run. There was no good way for that to end, otherwise - especially with his wife there. Most likely if the situation had escalated they would have blamed the entire thing on you.

23. LordKyleOfEarth

massive number of people around. I doubt he could find anyone to verify his story, as it never happened. My friend did track him down, after we got seperated, but was not able to get the plate number. Guy's story changed three times.

Sucks that you got assaulted, atleast you got to hit back...

24. starseed

starseed New Member

I'm just taking a wild guess here, but I'd be willing to be there was alcohol involved, no? (not saying you, but him?)

25. LordKyleOfEarth

No idea. I had never seen him before.