1. Okrachoke

Okrachoke New Member

Okrachoke's Progress Journal

Discussion in 'Progress Journals' started by Okrachoke, Jan 1, 2017.

I have a new idea for a story. Today marks the first day of getting it started on "paper". I wrote a couple paragraphs of what I anticipate as the beginning but have decided to take a step back and use the snowflake method. I'm not sure the length this will end up--novella or novel... Hell, maybe even a shory story. I just want to see it to completion.

I don't have a working title, or good summary of the story yet, so bear with me. I'm hoping for a supernatural southern gothic. My main character is a female in her mid twenties living alone in a small country neighborhood in East Texas. The various neighbors are part of a Satan worshipping cult. They become interested in the main character because they believe she has supernatural connections.

Hope to finish the first step of the snowflake method tonight--writing a single sentence summary of the story.

2. Okrachoke

Okrachoke New Member

Step one done! One sentence description of overall story. Actually made me have to consider my main characters initial situation. Tomorrow I hope to move to step two: paragraph describing the story. Which is suggested to include setup, disasters (suggested three), and resolution.

3. Okrachoke

Okrachoke New Member

Step 2, paragraph description of book, done. Step 3 is lengthier--page descriptions of each main character. My hope is a character a day. I've got 3-4 main characters thus far, so I'm hoping to finish at/before the weekend.

4. Okrachoke

Okrachoke New Member

Well, got the first characters descriptions done. Started on the second but I've realized I have no clue what his motivations are. Will need to figure this guy out.

5. Okrachoke

Okrachoke New Member

Got my second main character's page description done. Tomorrow's goal is character number three....who I haven't really thought about at all yet. Heh.