Tags:
  1. GraceLikePain

GraceLikePain Senior Member

Old Game Help?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by GraceLikePain, Jul 16, 2020.

Okay, I have no idea if any of you know about this, but there's sure to be some older people on this site, and I need your help.

So there was this game that came out around 30-40 years ago. I believe it was some kind of computer game, but might have been...Atari? It was at least Atari-era. It was a very early point and click game, and before you could play the game, it asked, "what color is the sky? -Blue -Orange." This was due to the fact that old monitors used to be orange (as the family's was, back in the day) and the game would change accordingly. It was a game where you had to walk around locations and solve some kind of mystery. You would travel by train station to leave the first area, but before you do, you visit a museum and pick a knife up off the floor. That's the only thing I remember specifically. It was a very pixelated game.

Unfortunately, that's all I remember. Does anything like this ring a bell for anyone?

2. ThunderAngel

ThunderAngel Contributor Contributor

I attempted to find it for you but came up with only a couple possibilities: The Cluefinders, or Carmen Sandiego.

GraceLikePain likes this.
  3. Friedrich Kugelschreiber

Friedrich Kugelschreiber marshmallow Contributor

I think you're talking about Carmen San Diego. Could be wrong, though.

4. GraceLikePain

Carmen Sandiego is close (we had that game too), but if I remember that one pretty clearly. And it was really fun, so thanks for reminding me of that. Alas, that game was a split screen game, and the one I'm thinking of is fullscreen and from a first person perspective. Let me check out this Cluefinders thing.

Edit: alas, it is not. Cluefinders isn't archaic enough and too childlike. Thanks for the help anyway.

5. Link the Writer

Link the Writer Flipping Out For A Good Story. Contributor

6. GraceLikePain

Nah, waxworks isn't it. The game is set in modern day (for the...80s, I think). Alas, I also have no idea if the game is Atari or not. It might have been for the Commodore 64, or some other of its contemporaries.