1. ghowie

ghowie New Member

Coldwater, Alabama, Earth, Milky Way Cluster

Old Writer/New Writer

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ghowie, Jun 29, 2016.

Hello all! Thanks for letting me in to your club. At the ripe, ol' age of 55, I have never set pen to paper to write that great novel but I have written thousands in my mind. Now that I am reaching a slower time in my life it seemed the perfect opportunity to start. The writing in my head is always of a semi-biographical nature and I ache to get these stories down on paper before death or dementia prevent it. Perhaps, if nothing else, it will allow family and friends to know the real me that I often keep bottled up around them.

A bit about myself: I served 12 years in the US Air Force. Those are days that I would never want to repeat but also would never trade away. I was a motorcycle test rider for Harley Davidson at their Talladega, AL test facility for 16 years. Since 2010, I have mainly worked for myself, continuing photography work that I had performed part time for years, and selling on Amazon. My goal is to totally retire and live in the Philippines within the next two years.

I look forward to getting to know others and hope that I can eventually help someone as much as I know that you will be helping me. Take care.

Oscar Leigh likes this.
  2. A man called Valance

A man called Valance Senior Member

Hello ghowie, good intro. Welcome to the site. There's something for all, even us over fifties.

Oscar Leigh likes this.
  3. Oscar Leigh

Oscar Leigh Contributor Contributor

Welcome to the madhouse! :D
    There's no age limit here! You're welcome!
    It's very relateable that you have difficulty getting it out. Most of us struggle with getting things out of our heads.
    I do hope you write some nice pieces in your time. Your intro itself is an interesting story so I have hope.
    https://www.writingforums.org/faq/.
    https://www.writingforums.org/rules/.
    Have a beautiful day!:blowkiss::blowkiss:

4. FireWater

FireWater Senior Member

Welcome! Glad to have you around.

Oscar Leigh likes this.