1. x_raichelle_x

x_raichelle_x New Member

Book > Movie - What would you like to see?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by x_raichelle_x, Jan 6, 2010.

So we live in a society where television and film are more popular than books, and a lot of books are being turned into either television shows and/or films.

Have you ever read a book, and wondered why it's not been turned into a big blockbuster yet? Or alternatively, wondered why it has been translated onto the big screen?

If you were in charge of the land of media, which books would you make into movies? and vice versa?

Just wondered if I was the only one who did this =]

xxx

2. The Freshmaker

The Freshmaker <insert obscure pop culture reference> Contributor

I tend to dislike book-to-movie transitions for two reasons:

1.) I have that whole anti-popularity affectation where I tend to stop liking things when they hit the mainstream. It really stems from the fact that, if I like a book/type of music/whatever, I like the idea of having it be my little happy secret. Like, if I were to have a magical pocket unicorn as a pet, I would be pretty peeved if everyone else started getting magical pocket unicorns for themselves. So, it follows that if there's a book I like, I usually end up getting turned off of it when it's made into a movie.

2.) ...crap, I had a second reason, and now I've gone and forgotten it.

3. arron89

arron89 Banned

My dream one is already being made, by a combination I couldn't possibly improve upon....The Frog King by Adam Davies, adapted by Bret Easton Ellis (omg!) with Joseph Gordon-Levitt in the lead role (omg!!). So yeah...when that comes out in 2011, all will be right with the world...

4. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

I've read The Hunger Games many times and thought what a fantastic movie it would be! :D I've read the lines of Katniss Everdeen from the book out loud, too. I can also admit that I have that ridiculous pipe dream of being chosen to play Katniss in the movie adaptations. :D

5. madhoca

madhoca Contributor Contributor

I would like to see a movie of the novel by Kurban Said, 'Ali and Nino'.

The novel has very important messages about cultural and religious tolerance, and patriotism, which are especially relevant to the times we live in.

As well as this, there is plenty of exciting action, exotic locations, and a beautiful and tragic love story at the centre. It's been called the 'Doctor Zhivago of Azerbeijan', and has been translated into many languages. Google if you've never heard of it.

6. x_raichelle_x

x_raichelle_x New Member

I've just looked up Ali and Nino, it sounds really really interesting, and coincidentally very helpful to a story I'm working on, so thanks for that suggestion madhoca :)

xxx

7. Lemex

Lemex That's Lord Lemex to you. Contributor

At the Maintains of Madness by H.P. Lovecraft.

It's going to be made one day too, if the director Dell Torro ever gets around to it, which he has been saying he will be doing for what must be 2 years now.

8. Cosmos

Cosmos New Member

A Chronicles or Legends (or possibly another book) book from Dragonlance translated into a movie that doesn't suck. An attempt was made on it that was so horribly bad I could barely watch it. If that don't count (seeing how one wasy already made, bad as it was) another Vampire Hunter D book translated into a movie. If it's made with the same fine animation of the Bloodlust one I'd die happy. Bonus points if they do it on book 5, 6, 9 or 12. Or Homeland from Forgotten Realms. That would be majorly epic.

9. fantasy girl

fantasy girl New Member

Cry of the Icemark.

I want it to be turned into a movie, it's a gorgeous book with great imagery...

10. Jaybrownuk

Jaybrownuk New Member

I'd love to see some of David Gemmell's work transformed into movies. :)

11. Lavarian

Lavarian Contributor Contributor

Agreed. Homeland would make an excellent movie.