Tags:
  1. Yrisea

Yrisea New Member

Once upon a time

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Yrisea, Aug 7, 2018.

Hello everyone!

As you will guess since this is the new members section, I only just arrived here and very happy to have found a great buzzing community of people who share the same passion, writing!

I'm french (therefor : apologies if my English is not great - feel free to correct me :)) woman, 30, have been living in English-speaking countries for 8 years now, and decided to get registered as I start to have some specific questions about writing generally, hopefully I will get some guidance from more experienced people and will be able to contribute something too. Though I write in french, I tend to think both in english and french nowadays, hence why I registered here. I wish my english was better because this language is so very beautiful, I really would love to in english too!

A bit about myself : probably like a lot of you, I have had a passion for books for ever. I can still remember the very first book I read (Robert Louis Stevenson "L'Ile au tresor" because my parents happened to have this book wandering out of the bookshelf for one reason). I taught my little sister to read too - and she got a year ahead in school thanks to this :). I pursued literary studies - then realised I wanted to make money so ended up in Sales instead pf teaching as I had originally planned.

Yet I never stopped writing. I have hundreds and hundreds of small bits and pieces (short stories and novels etc) along with one big story that I've had in mind for years and took all my time to develop. I started really writing last year and I must be at the umpteenth version of chapter 1.

I tried really hard to apply some method to my writing > outlining the plot and story etc first. I never manage to get far with this. I realised I get more ideas by just writing whatever I have in mind, and ideas start to flow from there. So for me, right now it's a back and forth between "prep work" so to speak and writing, writing, writing.

I'll stop there because it's a already quite a bit of information and hopefully we will have some great exchange later on!
    Cheers
    Jam

Some Guy likes this.
  2. Nariac

Nariac Contributor Contributor

Welcome! Lovely to have you with us. :)

3. Yrisea

Yrisea New Member

Thank you Nariac !