1. Restless Echoes

Restless Echoes New Member

One small step for man, one giant leap for Restless Echoes

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Restless Echoes, Oct 16, 2013.

Hello everyone out there in CyberWorld--this is my first post in a writer's forum, so I don't know what to expect. However, I'm eager to dive in and slog through the mire known as seeing a novel through to publication. It's a bit daunting, as I've just competed the rough draft, which stands at 1500 odd-plus pages. I look forward to meeting you all, trading war stories and horror stories and whatever else is on anyone's mind. All the Best,

Kelly

GingerCoffee likes this.
  2. Dresden260

Dresden260 Corrupt Diplomat

Sitting by a Fountain, Watching the world go by.
    Houston someone hijacked our famous phrase... Welcome Aboard Restless. Hope you enjoy your stay in this wonderful community. (Run while you still can.)

Restless Echoes likes this.
  3. Restless Echoes

I'm here for the long haul-- next on the agenda is to figure out how to paste my mug over the generic symbol. Oh, well, I don't think Houston will mind if I say "baby steps" instead. Geez, I'm still working out the nuts and bolts on the new FB page. Whew! Thanks for replying!

4. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

Hi Kelly,
    1500 pages sounds more like a 4 books than one, unless that's double spaced and/or with very large margins. Anyway, welcome to the forum.

Restless Echoes likes this.
  5. Restless Echoes

Long-hand and typed. Yes, the typing is double spaced. As it stands, the bloat it can be stretched into a trilogy. Pared down, a long book with a short sequel. The hard part is getting the word out when you're on the bottom rung of the ladder.

6. Restless Echoes

Long-hand and typed. Yes, the typing is double spaced. As it stands, with the bloat it can be stretched into a trilogy. Pared down, a long book with a short sequel. The hard part is

7. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

welcome to the club, kelly!

as for your ms, in the publishing industry, only word count counts... we don't go by number of pages... so what is your total word count?