Discussion in 'Insights & Inspiration' started by Carly Berg, Oct 23, 2016.
Looks like I won't be around much this week so maybe I'll pick this up later...
Disaster averted so I'm back. Sorry for the confusion.
Okay, here's the rules of the game, if anyone wants to play.
1) List here what your writing goal is for this week. It can be as general or specific as you want.
2) List your start time, and what your ending time will be. It starts whenever you decide to start (and at whatever time zone you're in). It ends at that same time, seven days later.
3) Check in and report your progress daily.
4) Let us know the results when your goal is met or your time is up, whichever comes first.
1) My goal is to finish the very short nonfiction book my other pen name started then dropped a while back. That includes finishing up the first draft, going over it with my writing partner, and polishing it so my text part is done. It doesn't include the photos or experts' comments.
2) Start time: Monday, 10/24 at 11:00 a.m.
End time: Monday, 10/31 at 11:00 a.m.
Anyone else? Just jump in whenever you want.
Yeah I am going to have to take a rain check until December. Classes are kind of a distraction.
1) My goal is to get caught up on schoolwork, and to make at least a little progress on my for fun projects each day.
2) I'd like to say tonight but. . . I'm gonna have to say tomorrow. Say 10 AM? I'll probably post progress updates late in the day though. Don't want to have an end time though.
(Also, I find it amusing how first post is basically 'I'm going to kick procrastination out the door! . . . Later.)
Wait, this is real? I thought it was just a dark joke.
Won't be in til after Halloween, I know I'm not getting anything done this week.
Yeah, I didn't realize how that looked until I came back! So, obviously I need a thread like this.
Sure, Iain, jump in whenever you want.
I re-read the manuscript so far, which for some reason I have just not wanted to do. Maybe that's enough for today. At least I did that. Meh.
Marked up my unfinished rough draft with notes today. I'm starting to warm up to it again. It should be pretty easy to finish so now I'm not sure why I went off it in the first place.
1) It's that time again. The missus is making sage jelly, sloe jelly, a lot of sugary stuff.
She wants me to write the labels for the jars. Needs to be done by next Wed.
I really wanna nail this one.
Aaah, I haven't done progress updates. Okay, day one, made a little progress on school! Novel. . . not so much. >.>
Day 2, um, yeah, nope. Nada.
Four days in here and finally got ten new pages done. Hopefully, that means I am now officially unstuck.
I took a day off, then got five new pages done today.
Well, my time is up. I got about seven more new pages done but I've still got a ways to go. Anyway, the important thing is I've been out of my writing slump all week, which is the main thing.
... well this week has been a great seven days for story development.
My writing partner and myself have gone from thin air to something meaningful and engaging. Whenever the creative process goes in directions you couldn't have imagined, it's a good week.
Excellent, Iaian! Are you up for being a NaNo rebel? (I just started a thread about it if you can get through my long rambling post there).
Also, I have to say again, I am completely blown away by your artistic talent. Is there a thread around here where you could show some of it? (If you want to, of course)
It's a good idea, but I can't participate this week. I'll be leaving town day after tomorrow to attend a funeral in Inverness. Maybe some other time?
Sure, Jannert. My week is up and I'm on to being a "NaNo rebel" starting tomorrow, but there's no reason this thread couldn't keep going, if it helps anyone. Even commiting to writing one page a day and having to "answer for it" can get me over a writing slump sometimes.
My rebel days are gone by me... NaNo sounds fun, but my work is crazy right now and putting in 60 hours plus a week doesn't leave time for much else.
Thanks for the compliment!
I'll start a thread and post the artwork I complete for the story as it progresses. Presently, it's still in the plotting stage but moving along nicely.
1) Goal: to write 25000 more words to my NaNoWriMo novel by next Saturday. I am currently at 6500
2) Start time: Saturday 11/05/16
End time: Saturday 11/12/16
[Progress] Sunday 11/06/16
Wrote 500 out of the 25000 target words altogether so now I'm around 7k
Could I get your wife's recipe for sage jelly? I like the thought of that for Thanksgiving.
just basically make apple jelly with a bit of sage innit.
an interesting combination, thanks!
I meant to look at this thread awhile ago. Just got around to it. Sorry
Separate names with a comma.