Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris Anonuevo

Chris Anonuevo New Member

Online Editors

Discussion in 'Traditional Publishing' started by Chris Anonuevo, Nov 11, 2016.

Hey guys I've just completed my first book. I was wondering anyone knows any good editors? If so I'm open to suggestions.

2. Spencer1990

Spencer1990 Contributor Contributor

What are your goals for publication? If you're planning on traditional publishing, you probably won't need to hire one.

3. SuttonMichael254

SuttonMichael254 Active Member

I used an online editor. did some research on a few, there are some good ones out there, but your much better off trying to find someone in your circle, hopefully that has a degree in English or something related. it's good to have someone you can trust fully, somebody who can tell you the truth and be able to say "yeah this part ain't working"
    Rather than a online editor who will sugar coat their option and gas you up so you will come back and spend more money

4. Chris Anonuevo

Just traditional publishing

5. ToDandy

ToDandy Senior Member

Ellen Brock is a professional freelance editor. I've never used her but she's been suggested/ name dropped on this site before. Her writing help pages, videos, and more shows she knows her stuff, but like all paid editing, the pricing can get steep for a full in depth novel critique.

https://ellenbrockediting.com

Ebenezer Lux likes this.
  6. SethLoki

SethLoki Retired Autodidact Contributor

@Chris Anonuevo Have you had critiques, beta readers, and any proofing done yet? Is it in as ready as a state as it can be before passing on to an editor?

7. Chris Anonuevo

Yeah I have had critiques from people I know. Right now in the process of proofreading right now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.