1. fantasy girl

fantasy girl New Member

The perfect New Year

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by fantasy girl, Jan 1, 2010.

This New Year was perfect for me.

The year itself has not been great. We were evicted from our home in the summer, so we had to move house, which made the money situation tight. Then my mum and dad lost their jobs which made the situation even worse. Then we had to move again because the house we were living in was really damp and my mum got really ill.

At Christmas mum and dad still hadn't gotten new jobs, so Christmas wasn't brilliant. Yes we got what we asked for... but it mad me feel really bad knowing that they had spent every penny they had on us.

Okay, so New Year comes and I think it's just going to be like any other - sitting down like a loner in my room reading while mum and dad argue. But instead me and my family sat down on the sofa and watched Lost Boys, then at about half nine, a friend I haven't seen in three years rang me. I was really surprised as I haven't been able to Contact her to give her my number, but she had looked me up in the phone book.

I was talking to her until her mum came and told her to get off the phone so they could do the countdown to the new year. I was in my room at this point, so I put the radio on and did the countdown. Then on the strike of twelve I saw a snowflake fall. I thought I was imagining it but then it started snowing really heavily.

That just made my New Year. It was perfect. Mum and dad didn't argue, I caught up with an old friend, and it snowed. Perfect.

2. Lmc71775

Lmc71775 Active Member

Sorry 2009 was rough for you. It was a bad year for me too.

Glad to hear you had a good New Year's Evening. I love the Lost Boys! Nice to know you hooked up with an old friend too. It's always a good feeling when someone remembers you. I had something similiar happen to me around my birthday...hadn't heard from them in about a year and then I get a phone call.

I am hoping the New Year will be good for everyone! We all need a break in this world of ours. Good wishes to everyone at WritingForums!!

Well Happy New Year to you and God Bless!

3. fantasy girl

fantasy girl New Member

Thanks Lmc, how was your new years eve?

4. Lmc71775

Lmc71775 Active Member

It was good (better than last year where I was puking my guts out right at midnight.)

This year I actually did the countdown sober!!! Who knows, maybe I should keep that as my resolution.

Hopefully this year will be better for the both of us...and everyone else for that matter.

Thanks for asking.