1. BookLover

BookLover Active Member

Awesome Writers App

Discussion in 'Writing Software and Hardware' started by BookLover, Jul 13, 2016.

I wanted to share an awesome app I just discovered. When I'm finished with Camp Nanowrimo, it'll probably take camps place for me.

It's called Writeometer. It lets me keep track of my writing project goals. It helps me track my goal word count, how many words I write a day, when I want to complete the project, etc. I upload my progress and it keeps track of all the statistics, my progress rate, my daily average, weekly average, monthly average, average per log entry, etc. Those are all my favorite Nano features, so it's nice to have that on my phone for any month of the year.

You can also set a twenty-five minute timer for your writing sessions, and if you want you can award yourself with guavas every time you complete a timed writing session. It's kind of quirky, but the idea is you collect virtual guavas to trade in for treats. The treat is whatever reward you want to give yourself. So maybe two guavas equals a cookie for you. Or after three guavas you can check Facebook. Or anything really. You get to decide how to reward yourself.

It also comes complete with a thesaurus, dictionary, word clouds, and inspirational writing quotes. And you can set a daily alarm for your project if you'd like to be reminded to write every day.

I think it's kind of cool, and it combines a lot of the things I already use like timers and a thesaurus and progress logs and statistics all into one app. :)

Komposten, Vagrant Tale and Mckk like this.
  2. Vagrant Tale

Vagrant Tale Active Member

Where can I find this? This sounds really cool and useful!

3. U.G. Ridley

U.G. Ridley I'm a wizard, Hagrid

Damn, no IOS version. If it weren't for that damn Podcast app on iPhone I love so much I'd be all over android:-D