1. Not the Admin

Not the Admin Banned

A New World - Part I - The First Sand Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Not the Admin, Oct 9, 2012.

Direct questions, character sheets, and out of character discussions to this thread.

2. Not the Admin

Not the Admin Banned

Jaque de la Sar
    Race: Human

Origin: The nation of Vrens, the town of Sar.

Objective:

Public Personality: Quiet and reserved. Obeserving. Calculating. Strong-worded and willed, and diligent.

Private Personality: Somewhat insane. Often depressed, hears voices on occassion, and can be somehwat sadistic.

Appearance: Olive-skinned. Greasey hair pulled back in a small, tight pony-tail. Average height. Strong, but lean build. Brown eyes, thick eyebrows, deep creases in his forehead, and pronounced cheeks. Wears brown leahter boots, briches with suspenders going over a grey cotton shirt witht he sleeves rolled half-way up the arms. Over that is a light canvas jacket withinside pockets that hold his journal and pencil. A tricorner hat and primative specticles that he invented.

Skills: Writing, language, speaking, inventing.

Allomantic Abilities: None

Other stuff: Comes from a poor family, but created a small amount of wealth for himself from bartering on the streets and between towns. It was rare at this time for a citizen to raise in the sects of society as he did, but because he did it humbly and with somewhat illigitament tactics he was able to procure enough money to buy a nice home, hire a servent butler, and give up merchanting for writing. When he heard news from the nation of Uenever that there was an expidition looking for proper men to sail the ships and find a pathway to the East, he was eager to gain the experiences such an oppertunity would offer. So he instructed his butler to wait for his return, and that he could mantain his property and assets at his leisure. Jaque was hired on as a record keeper, and his knowledge of Western Euvor languages were also taken into account.

3. PolaDora

PolaDora Member

Name: Ernest Jemsey
    Origin: Nyorden

Objective: No outstanding objective, just a young soul given a great opportunity. Ultimately, he wishes to grow beyond his uncle's name and what was given him.

Public Personality: Withdrawn unless provoked by conversation. Hardworking, eager to finish his work. Has a simple approach to communication with others and shows little verbal personality.

Private Personality: Open minded and observant. Holds no sense of loyalty or servitude unless personally drawn to an individual. Prefers to be alone to wander a wilderness or putter away at his hobbies.

Appearance: Average height, strong build, brown eyes and pale skin. Long dark hair that waves into curls, bangs drawn back and braided. Wears a sleeveless leather vest, black pants and work boots with metal plating at the toes. Work gloves or leather gauntlets. Favors the spear and often uses one to walk with.

Skills: Sword, spear and bow. Carpentry, whittling and stonework. Survival instincts and strong nerve.

Allomantic Abilities: None

Other stuff: Was nothing but a fatherless, wild Nyorden boy when his Mother sent him away to Uenever. When he arrived at his Uncle's estate, his name was changed from Soa to Ernest; His grandfathers name and more fitting of the upper-class society he had been adopted into. His Uncle sculpted him in every other way imaginable, teaching him the craft of carpentry and enlisting him to military training. Ernest fought in the ending two years of battle with Tauloor. His credentials, along with his Uncle's influence bought him a seat on Columbus' expedition.

--

Name: Yola Pello
    Origin: Eastern Roos.

Objective: The acquisition of rare items, magics and enchantments. Seeks a powerful witch or conjurur in order to lift a "curse".

Public Personality: Curious as a cat. Possesses a quick wit and sense of humor. A man with many acquaintances but few friends. He is open and sociable to anyone of intellect, but ask him about his story and you're likely to hear a lie.

Private Personality: Suspicious and selfish. Holds little emotion for the people that he travels or deals with, and is only interested in that which directly benefits him. Not an evil man, nor one to purposely endanger anyone, but he is an opportunist at heart.

Appearance: Dirty blonde hair that hangs at shoulder length, filled with braids and various things like dried herbs or small vials. Dark hazel eyes, olive skin. Wears an off-white sack cloth shirt with x-string stitching down the front. Brown pants cut off mid-calf, and typically walks bare-foot. Carries a large, elongated pipe with flute notches near the top. Is large enough that its used predominately as a staff when he's not smoking from it.

Skills: Writes songs, and can play string, reed or percussion instruments. Carries chemistry and herbology components, creating potions or medicines to sell. Briefly knows several foreign languages from the East from his tradings with them. Yola also seems to have an affinity for fauna, and can gain the trust of most birds, mammals or fish.

Allomantic Abilities: Lunar - Brass

Other stuff: Is an enigma to all but his close family, and has no civilized documentation to identify him. He is in a perpetual state of traveling, be it by land or sea. He seeks something from the mystical magics of the East, and Eden. He was enlisted to Columbus' expedition as a mediator and entertainer. He would help the expedition communicate with any people they encountered, he would help supply the men with medicines, and he would treat them to musics or comedy when at rest.

4. PolaDora

PolaDora Member

I edited my second characters post in with the first. I'll do it in this format from now on, I just couldn't think of anything to write yesterday.

5. Not the Admin

Not the Admin Banned

Sounds good.

6. PolaDora

PolaDora Member

I'm suprised this is going so slow, you've got a fun concept to play with. I especially like this Allomancy stuff.

7. Not the Admin

Not the Admin Banned

Sorry man. I'll try to reply by tomorrow night. I've been giving myself at least a week to work on these posts due to PSAT testing coming up. What I really wish was that there were more players. Haha I guess we're just not lucky enough to get the turn outs that other RPGs get. But what can ya do?

8. BritInFrance

BritInFrance Active Member

Name: Ladrón Mentiroso (known to all as Reverend)
    Origin: Uenever
    Objective:
    Public Personality: Religious, trusting, wise, kind and thoughtful. Some people can find him obsequious

Private Personality: Calculating, selfish, superior and self-obsessed.

Appearance: 6 feet tall, dark hair, greased back cut at neck length. He has a scar on his left cheek in the shape of a cross, he says he was born with (although if examined closely in could have been caused by a broken bottle), but this enhances his looks and he has been described as handsome by many young women. He walks with a limp (and uses a stick) which he says is the result of childhood Polio, which he recovered from after a vision from The Maker (but again careful observers may notice that although he usually limps on the left, occasionally it is on the right)

Skills: Silver tongued, he can usually talk his way out of most situations. He is also an accomplished fighter, pickpocket and climber.

Allomantic Abilities: Lunar Brass

Other stuff: Mentiroso is a liar and a thief. He was commissioned to break into the private apartments of Don Padrino (councilor and trusted friend of King Ferdinand III), to steal a manuscript. He was successful, but only after he slept with Don Padrino's daughter. Unfortunately for Mentiroso, the girl fell both in love and pregnant, at the same time. Further adding to his problems the girl had a good memory for faces and was a budding artist. With pictures circulating Uenever and a price on his head Mentiroso had no choice but to escape. His luck changed when he met the Reverend Massanto in a seedy dock tavern. Massanto had been sent by the Church to join Columbus' voyage to ensure the Church received what was due to her. Mentiroso seized the oportunity to get out of Uenever, and perhaps make his fortune at the same time. The naked body of Massanto was washed up three weeks after the ship sailed, and was never identified. On board, Mentiroso was recognised by a blacksmith, and Mentiroso had to use his Allomantic ability to “persuade” the blacksmith to stand a little too close to the gunwale, and a gust of wind was all it took for him to fall over the edge. The blacksmiths son jumped in to save him, but both died. Mentiroso had a very pleasant voyage, thereafter.

9. PolaDora

PolaDora Member

Well, it wasn't my intention to put off posting until the last minute. I have the rough idea, just gotta punch it out. Been a bad week for inspiration, I'll just say that. If it's not up tonight I'll get it done sometime Wednesday in the day.

10. Not the Admin

Not the Admin Banned

That is completely fine PolaDora. If you need more time, there's no rush. I think we all understand that it is better to have something of high quality over something thrown together.

11. PolaDora

PolaDora Member

I posted with the assumption that there were some NPC's in our scouting party. After reading your post again, Admin, I see there were only five or so of us. The other men I included in the post could just be hunters sent out from the main camp? Otherwise just ignore their existence, I suppose. Apologies.

Edit: Edited my post. Should be fine now.

12. Not the Admin

Not the Admin Banned

Looks good! :D

13. Monger

Monger New Member

I've sent my proposed character sheet to you, Admin, and am patiently awaiting your reply. I'm looking forward to participating, I think that you've designed a really interesting world for us all to explore together.

14. Not the Admin

Not the Admin Banned

Thank you for your interest in this roleplay! As you can see, our activity is none-existent at the moment. This is entirely my fault, as this new semester has been brutal. I do think, however, that there is a strong chance we can get things going again once my load lightens (if it lightens.) You are welcome to make your first post, as to tie your character into the story. Then we'll see where we can go from there!

15. Monger

Monger New Member

Olav One-Eye

Name: Olav One-Eye

Origin: Of Nyorden stock, was the leader of a small band of former raiders turned traders arrested by the Uenever on suspicion of attempting to raid villages along their coast. Though One-Eye’s raiding days had been long in his past, the Uenever authorities gave him two choices; be hanged as a foreign raider, or be pressed into service aboard an Uenever ship. Olav One-Eye complied with the Uenever authorities and was pressed into service with their navy, being a skilled Nyorden boatsmen.

Objective: Olav One-Eyed foremost objective is to continue doing what he has always loved doing. Primarily, sailing, travelling, seeing new lands, fighting, and getting coin while doing so. He also seeks redemption for the savagery of his earlier years.

Public Personality: Loud, boisterous, loves to laugh and share jokes and stories with friends. Prone to over drinking and overeating. Olav One-Eye is also prone to aggressive and sometimes violent outbursts against slights both real and imagined. At the same time, he is also a relatively kind man, but not unduly so.

Private Personality: Introspective, some might even say sullen. One-Eye is haunted by his violent past, his more violent nature which he works hard to keep in check. He has the blood of innocents on his hands and seeks to redeem himself in his own heart.

Appearance: 6 feet 4 inches tall with a robust musculature. A messy graying brown mop of hair, cut short. Sporting a long beard which spans the length of his chest in two braids. Dressed in peasant’s clothes with a battle-scarred wooden shield on his back, a sword on one hip - medium length in the Nyorden fashion for stabbing and slashing, and a small iron hatchet on the other which he can throw with remarkable speed and accuracy. Unsurprisingly, Olav One-Eye has just one eye. In lieu of an eyepatch, Olav instead wears a polished jet-black, perfectly spherical stone in the empty socket. The effect makes his gaze terrifying to behold. Sporting dozens of scars from his years of violent raiding and battle, the most prominent one is on his face, made by the blade that took his eye, spanning vertically the right side of his face, from hairline to jawline, bisecting the eyelids where his right eye used to be. .

Skills: A life-long sailor and sometimes oarsman, One-Eye is skilled in that regard. Additionally, he was trained in fighting a variety of weapons and his bare hands from the moment he could stand on his own two feet, in the Nyorden fashion.

Allomantic Abilities: None.

Other stuff: Lost his eye in a fight over a skin of honeymead.