1. Tomb1302

Tomb1302 Active Member

OT - Character Art Inquiry

Discussion in 'General Writing' started by Tomb1302, Jan 19, 2018.

I'm generally a visual learner. What I mean by this is that image helps me be most effective when working. I know I just created a thread having to do with music, but visualizing all these characters [associated with my story] I needed to know,

Where can I find the best prices for conceptual artists, or the highest quality in my particular genre [post-apocalypse]?

Are there any free or volunteer sites?

Who and where do you refer to when trying to best visualize your post-apocalypse character?

Thanks!

2. DITF Ninja

DITF Ninja Member

As a connoisseur of artwork via digital means you can find just about anything on google images if you use the right keywords. Right off the bat I would use "apocalyptic gunman fantasy" and jump around from there. High chances are what you are looking for is already out there.

3. Tomb1302

Tomb1302 Active Member

That I was for the most part aware of, and it's how I've gone about brainstorming thus far. I more wanted to inquire about "conceptual artists for hire" if that makes sense :)

4. Iain Sparrow

Iain Sparrow Contributor Contributor

Try browsing Deviantart.com.
    Beware though, you'll have to rummage through a lot of trash. Keep at it, there are some excellent artists who'd fit your requirements.

Also, I see that you're French. Quick question... My writing partner and I are working on a story that has at it's core, the French Revolution. It's Gaslamp/Historical Fiction (as we use a sprinkling of historical characters... the Carmelite Nuns, Jean-Paul Marat, Louis Antoine de Saint-Just, the ghost of Julie d'Aubigny, Antoine Lavoisier, a young Napoleon will make a cameo, the ashes of Joan of Arc) and when completed we'd like to release it properly in France. Where would you suggest I look for someone very capable to translate the story from English to French?

Tomb1302 likes this.
  5. Tomb1302

Tomb1302 Active Member

To be completely honest, I'm not sure where the best place is to have it translated in French. I'd rather not, as French grammar is INCREDIBLY difficult, and I risk translating it poorly as I'm by no means a professional. Sorry mate :(

Thanks for letting me know. I'll take a look at DeviantArt!