Out of Their Minds

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Charisma, Jun 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadow Dragon

Shadow Dragon Contributor Contributor

"No thanks doc, there is plenty of room in our head for the two of us." Said Chaos.

Chaos thinks to himself "Are you happy now that you got us talking to a guy that kidnaps and cuts open people?!" Niel responds by thinking "Well its not like there are any sharp objects near by, and you can defend us if necessary. You should ask him about the other patients in this place." "Fine."

Chaos looks at Gregor and says "So who are the other people in this place."

2. Rumpole40k

Rumpole40k Banned

Gregor shrugged his shoulders. "Well I usually keep to myself unless someone want to join Klesps and I in a game of cards. There's Skye, a sweet young lady. I think Klesps has a bit of a crush on her. Oh don't start sulking Klesps, I was only teasing." He raised his cards so only Niel and Chaos could see his face and mouthed the words 'He has a crush'. "Beyond that," Gregor snapped his fingers, "- oh and there's Mortimer. I think Chaos might like him. I really haven't spoken to Glenny much but he seems fun loving. If you ever change your mind, about expanding that skull of yours, do give me a call. Reasonable rates!"

3. Time_Froze

Time_Froze New Member

Name: Larnor Brooks

Race: White
    Spiritual beliefs: "Consistency is the key to perfection."

Fighting proficiencies:Martial Arts. He believes that if he becomes a proficient enough fighter, he can destroy what is causing his nightmares and OCD.
    Occupation: He used to be a mechanic, but quit once his OCD got so bad.

Disorder: Nightmare Disorder, Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
    Intensity (on a scale of 1-10): 9 for both. He has terrifying nightmares every night it seems. His OCD has gotten so bad, that he is constantly seen taking evenly paced steps, while counting how long it takes for him to get somewhere. He is very consistent in his practice.

Personality: Shy and Sober. He has learned that most people act and think different than him, so he has avoided making any close friends.
    Appearance: About five foot tall. He is relatively short. He wears a different hat for every day of the week. He usually dresses all in brown, but on holidays, he wears black.
    Biography: His parents, Tom and Suzy Brooks thought that they had brought him up well, that is, until he turned fifteen. Once he turned fifteen, his nightmares began. They usually only happened once every month, but as the years progressed, his nightmares became almost a daily occurence. Around the same time that his nightmares began, he also became extremely obessesive compulsive. In all truthfulness, his parents explained to him that he needs some professional help. Furious, he asked them never to speak of the matter again. Now, some five years later, he regrets not listening to them earlier. He now heads to a psychiatric ward, for it is his only hope.

1 person likes this.
  4. Shadow Dragon

Niel thinks to himself "This guy is starting to creep me out lets go back to our room." Chaos thinks "Not a chance. You drug me out here to talk to people, so I'm staying in control and you are going to have to sit there and listen to this nut case talk."

Chaos looks at Dr. Klasps and says "Don't worry doc, I hear that girls like doctors so you should have a good chance with her. So what are the doctors like in this place, are they the kind that completely ignore the patients or are they the kind that like the abuse the patients."

5. Rumpole40k

Rumpole40k Banned

"Ummmm .... Chaos isn't it? Yes, your eyes changed. My old eyes aren't what they used to be, but do you and Niel have different colored eyes?" He hushed Klesps with a wave of his hands. "Oh Klesps please, those things don't exist. You've been watching too many late night movies.

"The doctors? Oh like everywhere else. Some are better than others, but we have our own ways of handling that in here."

6. Marloy

Marloy New Member

"Somebody get this friggin' lady off my tail!"

Glenny's voice echoed through the hallway as he continued to run.

"Now you get back here Glen! I said I want you to settle!" the nurse shouted.

"Now!"

"I don't want your chips!" Glenny yelled to her. After another step, he tripped suddenly on his shoelace, falling to the ground face first and taking a whacking at his skull on the rock-like hospital floor. Taking a second to come to, he sat up and scratched his head, looking to his side. He had tripped in front of the playroom where he saw two guys - one he recognized as the crazy self-proclaimed doctor, and another one playing cards.

"Glenny!"

The nurse called from across the hall, gaining on him. Looking in the way of the two guys playing, he called,

"Hope you're all having a nice day today." and stood to keep running.

7. Rumpole40k

Rumpole40k Banned

Gregor smiled and waved as the young man took off running. So much energy, he thought, if I had that much vim and vigor I could operate from morning till night without stopping. Chaos was saying something, Handel nodded. SOmetimes there were so many voices in his head that it all jumbled into meaningless noise. The noise was building, he needed to release it soon, into someone else's head.

8. Time_Froze

Time_Froze New Member

After being accepted into the ward, Larnor begins to calm himself down by counting to one hundred. After that he starts exploring the place. Timing each step, he eventually makes it to fifty. Well, I suppose I might as well see who else is in this place. Surely, they cannot be in any worse shape than I am. After taking ten more steps, and entering what appears to be a game room, he sees two men playing cards together. Around the table are three chairs. Surely they do not need that extra chair, it is simply taking up space. Besides, it causes the table to become unbalanced. Once I take charge of this place, things will change. Walking towards the extra chair, he politely nods at the man
    and tells him that he will remove this obstacle so that everyone can feel balanced and happy about life.

As Larnor walks away with the chair, one of the guys yells to him that Dr. Klasps now has nowhere to sit. I don't care if his doctor friend has nowhere to sit! He must learn to keep order by doing things in multiples of two. Carefully, Larnor puts the chair down by a table that has only three chairs. As he begins organizing the chairs, the rude man yells once again that his friend has nowhere to sit. "He will go away," thought Larnor as he began setting up a game of pool, "He will learn to abide by my rules."

9. Shadow Dragon

"Yes, our eyes change color depending on who is in control. My eyes are dark blue, though alot of people think they look black at first glance. Niel's eyes are light blue. Also my voice is deeper than Niel's voice." Chaos says, "Oh, and i didn't hear what you friend said, what is it that has him so worked up?"

10. Rumpole40k

Rumpole40k Banned

"Dr. Klesps hates when people are rude. Taking his chair like that. I mean the nerve - What? Are you sure? Oh my ..... and I yelled at him. I'm so embarrased. Well you can have my chair. OK, if you'd rather float that's fine by me." Gregor smiled at Chaos. "Klesps says the young man has some issues with order or something. I didn't realize he was sick. Thankfully Klesps is content to just float. Now I think I have a full house. Cards get Klesps' mind off his addicition - he's a terrible drunk."

11. Shadow Dragon

Chaos looks up at the man that took Klesps'es chair and says "Hey shorty, you shouldn't go around taking people's chairs, even if that person can float its just plain rude. Next time atleast ask the good doctor before taking his chair." Chaos looks at Dr. Klesps and says "Can you believe the behavior of people these days, being in an asylum is no excuse for being rude to people."

12. Rumpole40k

Rumpole40k Banned

"I see Klasps enjoys your company Chaos. Oh Klasps, please speak up. This young man is nice enough. What? Oh you can't be serious? No I do not have a cough drop! I'm sorry Klasps has a sore throat now, but he says thank you, it's nice to meet someone with manners. By the way Klasps, I though you said the man was sick? Oh. Well I guess sickness isn't an excuse for being rude, but you know me, ever the peacemaker.

"So what do you think of our little place Chaos? By the way, Dr. Klasps says to be careful and not mention the number three around ... hehehe .... oh I'm sorry but Klesps has decided to call that rude man the decorator. I'm sorry but Klasps can be funny sometimes."

13. Time_Froze

Time_Froze New Member

Larnor heard their comments, and began to reconsider his previous actions. I suppose I have no excuse for being rude. Besides, this is not a good way to begin my new life in this ward.

Carrying two chairs, he slowly arranged them around the table that the two men were sitting around. "Sorry for my um... behavior" he began, "I believe I took something that you wanted. Well, now we have room for your friend and someone else besides. Good day!"

Walking away, counting each step, he felt as if he had done his job. As he made it to the pool table, he began "playing" pool. He arranged all the balls in multiples of two, and slowly drag them into five pockets. He really liked it this game, and that is all that mattered. He didn't care how dumb this game looked.

14. Bick

Bick New Member

Skye strode down the halls, pulling her bed frame behind her. She noted all the spots and dust that contaminated the cleanness of the hallway, but knew she’d have to wait until she knew the doctors and nurses wouldn’t bother her. She strode into the kitchen, and looked around for any signs of people. She smiled with glee as she noticed the place was desolate. She sat her bed frame down as she started to close the doors. She looked out through the window in the door and noticed Glenny running her way.

She quickly thrust the doors out and motioned for him to come her way. Her ran through the doors and she hurriedly closed them as the nurse made her way, breathless as her bed frame slammed against the doors. They quickly worked together, blocking the doors with many of the chairs and tables of the kitchen. She held her butter knife close as the nurse struggled at the doors. It was too much weight for her, and she turned around to get more help.

Her eye gave a twitch as she looked at Glenny with a smile.

“I’ll bash your head in!” her voice involuntarily bellowed. Her face turned red, as she hid the knife in her hands.

15. Shadow Dragon

Chaos says "Ha, that is a good name for him. I was thinking about calling him the lord of chair placement. This place seems alright but I don't want to stay here longer than I have too. Niel and I are thinking of lying to doctors and telling them that I went away so they let us out quicker."

16. Rumpole40k

Rumpole40k Banned

Gregor smiled. "Now Klesps I do believe you owe that man an apology. Hrum ... no I'm beginning to believe you don't have a sore throat. Ugh, please stop opening your mouth so wide. Yes, I'm glad you can do that and I'm sure it does impress the ladies but really. Now I must insist you float over there and apologize to that man. You were a bit rude yourself and he did return your favorite chair, plus another one." Gregor tugged on the back of his hair in frustration. "Do you seriously expect me to believe you can't float over there because you are suddenly afraid of heights? Well, if he wants to join us for a game of cards, I'm letting him. We can play 22! Oh it's the same rules as blackjack except we'll go up to twenty two for him. Now sit down and get your tail off of the other chair. I think there's someone else in here that's becoming rude. Afriad of heights indeed."

17. Rumpole40k

Rumpole40k Banned

"Lying to the doctors?!" said Gregor. "Hmmm ... officially I can't condone such actions but ... you might be on to something. But what about the changes in eye color? Chaos you'd have to stay hidden the whole time. Have you thougth about that?""

18. Shadow Dragon

"I think asking him to play cards is a good idea." says Chaos. Chaos looks at the short man by the pool table and says "Hey buddy, want to play some cards with us."

19. Marloy

Marloy New Member

Glenny's eyes went wide as he stared at his rescuer smiling at him, eyes twitching.

"I'll bash your head in!" she blurted, a knife in hand. He raised an eyebrow and then frowned, backing away just a small distance. Wiping some strings out of his face and the sweat on his forehead, he spoke,

"Gosh," he said, looking at the door in utter relief that she'd managed to unexpectedly save him. He silently hoped the nurse would fail to muster the energy to capture him again and stay far, far away.

"I've gotta thank you for saving my skin out there. That woman drives me insane!"

20. Shadow Dragon

"Don't worry about me. Niel and I created this room inside our mind for whichever personality wasn't in control to stay in. We also use this room to talk to each other face to face whenever no one else is around. Its pretty nice, plus its the only place where I have my true body rather than being stuck looking like Niel." said Chaos.

21. Bick

Bick New Member

Skye looked at him awkwardly.

“I don’t think she’ll leave us.” She said biting her lip, “I’m sure she’ll get some meathead to help her out. When they get to us, we’ll be in big trouble.” She looked at the three spots on the walls that didn’t belong, and she looked back and Glenny.

“No problem.” She said, “Maybe you can return the favor, and help lift me up to those spots.” She said pointing at them with her knife, “I just need to remove them before they eat my soul.” Her eye gave a violent twitch, sending her arm slightly forward with it.

Her body tensed when she saw the nurse return with two other male orderlies. They stopped at the door, and yelled incoherent things their way.

22. Marloy

Marloy New Member

Glenny looked to the nurse and her new helpers to the spots on the walls to Skye. He wasn't sure what his next move should be.

"Glenny, I want you to calm down now."

He watched as the people he could make out - about three - shook the door violently. The bedpost and the chairs became unsteady, and he put his hand on one to stop its shaking.

"Dang it! Leave me alone!"

He turned to Skye and shook an annoyed head her way.

"I don't know how to make this person give up."

23. Shadow Dragon

Chaos yawns and says "We haven't gotten much sleep since the doctors put us in here so we will take our leave now to rest up. It has been fun talking to you two, we must do this again sometime."

Chaos goes back to his room and gives control over to Niel.

Niel can hear Chaos saying "That guy might be crazy but he is entertaining."
    "I can't believe to stayed around him for as long as you did, that guy was creepy."
    "Relax, like you said earlier he didn't have anything he could use as a weapon. Besides I'm faster, stronger, I don't feel pain, and I'm an experienced fighter. While I'm in control, you have nothing to fear. Like I told you when we first met, I will protect you."
    "I guess you're right."

Niel lies down and goes to sleep.

24. Rumpole40k

Rumpole40k Banned

"WHat was that Dr. Klesps?," asked Gregor as he watched Niel and Chaos leave. "You really need to stop watching those old black and white movies. Now how about a game of Rummy?"

25. Bick

Bick New Member

She looked at the nurse as the furniture started to give out. She wasn’t going to be caught just yet, she had more work to do. She looked at Glenny, and helped him push the furniture back into place.

“Can you hold it just a bit longer?” she asked.

He nodded and she headed towards the other side of the kitchen, away from the prying eyes of the nurse and the orderlies. She pushed a table underneath the opening of the ventilation system opening, and placed a chair on top of it. Glenny looked at her with wide eyes as she pulled herself up on the table, and climbed atop the chair.

She balanced herself on the tips of her toes, and opened the grate, letting it fall to the ground. She pulled herself up into the enclosed space with all her might, as her eye gave a twitch.

“I’ll f***ing kill you!” her voice echoed through the ventilation system. She peered up through the opening. It was barely big enough for her, she hoped he would fit.

“You going to come with me?” she asked with a whisper.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.