1. Bobby Burrows

Bobby Burrows Banned Contributor

King Rob: episode one

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Bobby Burrows, Feb 5, 2020.

Synopsis:
    • King Rob is the king of his kingdom.
    • King Rob is the head of state, head of government, head of defense, head of the church, head of the economy, head of the press association, head of the union, head pictured on his postage stamp too (like another head of state does), head of education, head of everything in his kingdom.
    • King Rob is spoilt, entitled, your king, has no shame.
    • King Rob is probably a Libertarian?
    • King Rob enjoys a harem of women often, day or night.
    • King Rob is meant for an adult audience.
    • King Rob is silly, having unrestricted fun.
    • King Rob is hedonism.
    • King Rob's a rock star too, top of the charts in King Rob's land.
    • King Rob won his local version of The Oscars... Again.
    • King Rob is a brave military leader.
    • King Rob likes to party.
    • King Rob is feeling tired.
    • King Rob would like a grape.
    • King Rob probably isn't a great or competition military leader.
    • King Rob always wins (somehow) - Has friends in high places; 'the writers'.
    • King Rob could have a dialogue relationship with 'the writers' in the sky who literally control his universe who he looks up to his heavens to 'the writer's room' and the writers are deity like characters to King Rob/normal to the viewer, who order him to be nice and more family friendly and marketable, punishing him if he's not/teaching him a lesson/a morality perhaps? - because only they have control over King Rob... Maybe any network too. Whoever orders it.
    • King Rob would probably do a retelling of One Thousand and One Nights but set in King Rob's kingdom in one adventure/tale/story/episode.

I want to write King Rob because I want to explore the comical side of masturbation and dreams of despotism rule and create a character and a world where, these things happen, bu then put checks and bounds on it and create a character that does the right thing, but not by choice, by lessons taught to him by those above 'the writers/network etc' - and I want it to be silly.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
  2. Iain Aschendale

Iain Aschendale Lying, dog-faced pony Marine Supporter Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Telemachus Sneezed
    I'm honestly not sure where you're going with this or how to offer any critique.

3. Bobby Burrows

Bobby Burrows Banned Contributor

I'm thinking of drawing King Bob and his kingdom and his writers and putting it into a comic strip.

There's a template, I'm sure.
    First of all, I have to design King Rob, his kingdom, and his interaction with the writers.

In the hope to take it to an animated television show based on it.

I'm wondering, each bullet point I put there for my rudimentary synopsis; would make a good story perhaps?
    To get to know King Rob, write a King Rob story for each
    • King Rob is the king of his kingdom.
    • King Rob is the head of state, head of government, head of defense, head of the church, head of the economy, head of the press association, head of the union, head pictured on his postage stamp too (like another head of state does), head of education, head of everything in his kingdom.
    • King Rob is spoilt, entitled, your king, has no shame.
    • King Rob is probably a Libertarian?
    • King Rob enjoys a harem of women often, day or night.
    • King Rob is meant for an adult audience.
    • King Rob is silly, having unrestricted fun.
    • King Rob is hedonism.
    • King Rob's a rock star too, top of the charts in King Rob's land.
    • King Rob won his local version of The Oscars... Again.
    • King Rob is a brave military leader.
    • King Rob likes to party.
    • King Rob is feeling tired.
    • King Rob would like a grape.
    • King Rob probably isn't a great or competition military leader.
    • King Rob always wins (somehow) - Has friends in high places; 'the writers'.
    • King Rob could have a dialogue relationship with 'the writers' in the sky who literally control his universe who he looks up to his heavens to 'the writer's room' and the writers are deity like characters to King Rob/normal to the viewer, who order him to be nice and more family friendly and marketable, punishing him if he's not/teaching him a lesson/a morality perhaps? - because only they have control over King Rob... Maybe any network too. Whoever orders it.
    • King Rob would probably do a retelling of One Thousand and One Nights but set in King Rob's kingdom in one adventure/tale/story/episode.
    As an initiation into King Rob, make each bullet point a story?

I'd like templates though, for comic strip script writing if I'm to go that route.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
  4. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

You've got a character with lots of traits and proclivities. However, you need an actual story for this character—whether it's a comic book, novel, play, whatever. What's the plot going to be? That's what you need to work on.

Give King Rob something to do, some goal to strive for, something he wants and can't get (yet), something inevitable that he doesn't want to happen, somebody determined to depose him, etc. Something that matters to him that he's going to lose. And then take him to the conclusion. I suspect you will need other strong characters as well, for this to fly.

5. Naomasa298

Naomasa298 HP: 10/190 Status: Confused Contributor

I'm not seeing how this fits in with your character synopsis.

6. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

The workshop is for writing for critique - not general wool gathering

Theres nothing here for critique so I'm moving it to plot development... feel free to start another thread for critique when you have some content for people to comment on

Iain Aschendale likes this.
  7. Maverick_nc

Maverick_nc Contributor Contributor

What even is this??!

Iain Aschendale likes this.