1. WiltChamberlain

WiltChamberlain Member

"Namesake" I need a fluid way to put this

Discussion in 'Word Mechanics' started by WiltChamberlain, Mar 14, 2017.

Hello … I am working on a proposal and am having the hardest time with this sentence:

"I want to identify California Power Energy [name of company] with its namesake's/said state's/the state for which it's named and its/ reputation for environmental awareness."

I (A) am unsure as to whether I am using the phrase "namesake" correctly and (B) can't help but feel there is a more fluid way to say this anyway.

Of the three listed above, which is best? And I am also open to a 4, 5, or 6.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

2. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

I'm not convinced you are using identify correctly - don't you mean "associate" or "to draw parallels between"

"I want to establish a brand association between CPE and California's reputation for environmental awareness."

that is in essence you want people to think CPE is green because California is green. That said i think tha will be quite a hard sell as its not an association many people would make

3. WiltChamberlain

WiltChamberlain Member

Unfortunately, I'm unable to abbreviate the company's name, hence the problems with fluidity.

Although I want to thank you all the same anyway.

I remain interested in your help or any other forthcoming. Thank you.