Pax: the discussion thread

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by jonathan hernandez13, May 31, 2010.

Tags:
  1. jonathan hernandez13

jonathan hernandez13 Contributor Contributor

Good to see you guys back:

Headroller - well, I will be playing Pappy, but as an NPC I guess. He's not exactly a charcter I was really crazy about, he's just sorta there to keep you guys out of trouble and explain things through exposition. If you have a question about my wacky galaxy he's the guy to ask.

Lebby - Negative, we are still on the space station, but we're about to board a civilian space liner on its way to Europa. There you will meet with a rougish contact code named "Star Wolf". He has a smuggler type civilian transport (he's basically like Han Solo) that will take you to Ceres, where you have to use your spy skills to uncover the Martian spy and gain his trust to learn his secrets. Very confusing I admit, my attempt at cloak and dagger stuff. The Athena is also on its way to Ceres, she is the bait, the spy wants a look at her very very badly and will end up hanging himself to get near her.

NRG - this mission is pretty much planned but in the future whenever we have missions you're the one the Skipper will leave in charge of planning missions, yes.

Shadow - Good to see you. Meh heh heh, good question. Normally UESS dont have shields, but the Athena has been retrofitted with some advanced top secret weapons. One of them is the Aegis defense system. While its classifications are as yet unknown it does have something to do with energy based defenses against directed energy beam weapons. Think of the polarized hulls on "Star Trek: Enterprise" series. They are very...experimental:rolleyes:

Computing had to advance beyond chips in the early twenty first century, they used mostly holographic computing in the twenty first (yes, lasers) and the more advanced computers are quantum core.

EDIT: in terms of weapons, ballistics are still the big boys on the block but there are also energy weapons. The main weapon in space is the anti-sattelitte missile. On most planets, since there's not always an atmosphere for ballistics, there's a mix of ballistics when possible and energy. The whole key to energy weapons now is size and energy budget, they are big and consume a bunch of energy.

(excellent tips on the RPG though, thanks, I'll keep those in mind :))

2. losthawken

losthawken Author J. Aurel Guay Role Play Moderator Contributor

I CANNOT believe you guys started this without telling me!! OK, maybe I've been a little busy...

I'm too tied up to play, but I'll be reading along. Maybe I'll be able to jump in later if I can ever get things to quiet down...

3. jonathan hernandez13

Feel free to join if-ever or whenever you want Justin, you'll be a very welcome edition to the team.:)

4. Roric

Roric New Member

Take a left... the a right... then go in 5 circles
    Yeah, it's a good game so far, just feels a little stop and go to me but i haven't rpged in a long time.
    Make a character that you like and join our group to kinda guide us and move us along when we have to. Have less npc posts and more of your character taking on a sort of leader role in our group and guiding us. Just my advice, you don't have to of course :p

5. jonathan hernandez13

I made a few changes to Athena's stats, she seemed too weak for a capital ship of the Aerospace Force:cool:

6. Lebby

Lebby New Member

Oh if you really wanna make things interesting and COMPLETELY **** with Carters head, make the Martian spy a very attractive woman :D

7. Shadow Reeves

Shadow Reeves Active Member

On a plane filled with Motherf**king Snakes.
    the little one with the penchant for computers would end up getting jumped in an alley by organ pirates

lol

8. Headroller

Headroller New Member

Woohoo! More Marines!!! :D

I'll get a post in later, considering hitting on Trin more but... its kinda weird to hit on a RPG char played by a guy.... :(

9. Shadow Reeves

i think its about time we got to a ship...

also, how are we all going to get together when we are all in seperate parts of the ship?

10. NRG

NRG New Member

good point. We'll wait until Jon says so and then leave. Also, I'm assuming at some point there will be a call for us to all meet up somewhere...

11. Evil Flamingo

Evil Flamingo Banned Contributor

Sorry I've been offline for a few days, just got internet at the new house. Now I'm back in business.

And Headroller, don't worry about it, I'm not going to go creepster on you because of my character haha.

12. jonathan hernandez13

figures that somebody's character wouldnt be able to resist hitting on the only chick in the group, only a matter of time before it happened:rolleyes:

anyway, yeah, it's about time to start meeting up at the hub to board the crumby transport

as to how we'll coordinate playing while being on a ship...roleplay it. Just make sure to read everyone's post and that's how we'll all know where everybody's at, be creative:cool:

adapt, improvise, and overcome...hoorah

I finally figured out who Pappy is, he's Gunny Highway from Heartbreak Ridge, hoorah.:D

[​IMG]

13. Lebby

Lebby New Member

*cough* make spy attractive chick to mess with Carter for epic lolz *cough*
    gruu, anyone have a throat lolly?

14. Headroller

Headroller New Member

Just having a little fun guys lol, shouldn't take more than three replies each.

My char will explain afterwards ;)

15. Lebby

Lebby New Member

Sounds fun :D
    Poor Carter tho :(

16. Shadow Reeves

sorry guys but im heading off home for 2 days, so just let Jerrome flow with the crowd

17. jonathan hernandez13

will do Reaver, Jerrome will be in good hands;)

18. Lebby

Lebby New Member

Headroller U needs to continue the fight :D im itching to see what will come off it :D

19. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Down with netspeak! This IS a writing site.

20. Lebby

Lebby New Member

I Am Very Sorry Cogito. No Harm Done Right? :D

21. Headroller

Headroller New Member

Darn it all! I was distracted by having guests over and didnt have time to reply before the game got moved on. Oh well, I'll explain in the game, lol.

22. Lebby

Lebby New Member

Yeah just reply to Carter

23. Headroller

Headroller New Member

Post up, Jon I feel like I hijacked the game with this "stunt". Should I refrain from doing this?

24. Lebby

Lebby New Member

hehehehe, i wouldn't be surprised if the spy was the blonde :D
    But i can't get the image of Carter chasing after a girl he has to arrest out of my head :D too fun :D

25. Headroller

Headroller New Member

That would be hilarious. I also like how Pappy has caught a new nickname... God I love my blunders!

So, how long should this trip take Jon? Theoretically we could be decelerating to enter Europa's orbit within hours...