1. OurJud

OurJud Contributor Contributor

Pen to Paper

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by OurJud, Feb 28, 2017.

I've used my PC for creative writing for so long now, I'd completely forgotten the therapeutic power of putting pen to paper.

Because of my new-found interest in poetry I've started scribbling them down in a notebook and it feels wonderful! Why I ever stopped I don't know. Or maybe it's because I stopped that it feels so good to start again.

I also think poetry lends itself to writing in this way, much more than fiction, chiefly because poems are usually relatively short, but it just seems odd somehow, to write poetry on a WP.

Catnip and thirdwind like this.
  2. thirdwind

thirdwind Member Contest Administrator Reviewer Contributor

Agreed. I keep a notebook next to my bed to jot down ideas or whatever for any stories/poems I'm working on. It's amazing how helpful this is.

OurJud likes this.
  3. Lifeline

Lifeline South. Supporter Contributor

I have little coloured sticky-notes whenever I get an idea. They are all over the place :D

At work, there is a notebook sitting right beside my computer (I usually get the best ideas while focusing on something mundane), and I have a notebook beside my bed too. And I always, always keep a pen and old, unused train tickets in my pockets wherever I go to note down a few words if I get struck by lightning ;)

OurJud likes this.
  4. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

I tried the bits of paper route but i kept losing them, these days i use the notes app on my phone. The other problem is my hand writing looks like a drunk spider has fallen in an inkwell so its not very therapeutic

OurJud likes this.
  5. OurJud

OurJud Contributor Contributor

But can you read it? That's all that matters.

Handwriting style is another thing. I can read mine okay, but I don't 'like' it from an aesthetical perspective. My capital 'I' in particular is very poor.